2008 tahoe ltz header selection long or short??

what type of header

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what headers do you have on there now? Or are they just the stock manifolds?

Anyone who knows anything about GM LS engines knows you'll see the most power gains from longtubes.

Since you have an LTZ, I'd assume that money isn't a big issue, so I'd recommend Dynatech, Stainless Works, American Racing, Kooks, etc. Go with one that has a matching high flow catted Y-pipe.

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
the money is not most of an issue and i do plan togo supercharger at some point just to add that in. but is there any reason as why 1 brand is btter than the other or what is the best most complete kit, and how much louder is it going to become by doing this as i am not looking for volume out of this!!????

Goebz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've installed American Racing Headers in a 2009 Tahoe before. Amazing quality, amazing sound and with a dyno tune, the truck picked up over 35HP!
How the hell did you ge them to fit? With steering shaft and firewall, American Racing Long tube with Y pipe won't go in there - at all!IMG_2513.jpg

colt45hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im surprised nobody said Speed Engineering. they out of california and have a great design and very cost effective. cant go wrong unless you want kooks or american racing! i have kooks on my mustang and ill be buying speed engineering for my escalade

colt45hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im surprised nobody said Speed Engineering. they out of california and have a great design and very cost effective. cant go wrong unless you want kooks or american racing! i have kooks on my mustang and ill be buying speed engineering for my escalade

lmao bringing a thread back from the dead!! 2011 haha im dead

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Man, I wish I had a lift... I'd love to put some headers on my truck for the **** & pickles. I do want to keep at least one cat. converter on... for the birds and bees.

How does one deal with the extra O2 sensors with nowhere to live after adding long-tube headers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino