2008 tahoe ltz chrome mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

champ112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me if you can just buy the back chrome backing or whatever it is because some ******* nicked it and it is off a little bit. please help thx guys

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the upper mirror chrome "caps?" If so, yes, you can buy them.

OP
OP
C

champ112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no not the "caps". what happen was someone hit the mirror and the wHOLE BACKING FELL TO THE FLOOR, so in other words u can see the guts like the wires and shit. i plugged it back in then snapped it back into place as best i could but it is not perfect like i would want it to be. i dunno i am lost with this one.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said "back chrome backing," and the only thing I know of that's chrome on an LTZ's mirrors is the "cap." Are you talking about the entire side mirror breaking off?

Maybe you could post a pic of what you're talking about -- 'cause I obviously don't understand what part of the mirror you're asking about. Sorry.

OP
OP
C

champ112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will try and post some pcs to explain but it looks like i might need the entire back of the mirror which of course u cant buy, so does any one know of where i can get a used mirror, or if anybody has one they are looking to sell that would be great. I tell u man this really realy sucks u just cnt keep anything nice anymore.

OP
OP
C

champ112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i tried there no luck there either. I have yet to find the right one yet

OP
OP
C

champ112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i will be searching around as best i can and eventually i guess one will pop up. I hope anyway

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do DO NOT buy one of those replacement mirrors no matter how tempting. Buy an original GM part. I made this mistake with my 2004 Envoy, wife got clipped by a bus. The OEM was like $300 and the lesser replacement was half that, heated, power, etc. It vibrated like hell on the highway and the motor movement was ******... good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz