2008 GMC YUKON HYBRID Transmission/from AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knagawa350

Reaction score
@NickTransmissions

would you happen to know of any way I can find out if a 2wd one of these trannys can be converted into a 4wd to bolt the T case on it? I've looked all over online and found nothing. I'd buy a manual if I could find one.

I keep seeing posts about 6L80s being quoted $7k to rebuild these days, there's a 2wd hybrid one local for 600$. I have no way of testing it, but he says it came from a running truck. feels like it can't hurt to have in a corner if I ever need it.
Did you end up getting it?
I have 2008 GMC 4x4 Yukon hybrid- bad transmission. The dealer informed they discontinued that transmission or parts for it. Having a hard time finding some one that would rebuild it, any body know where I can get parts for it, or get it rebuilt. Thx.
I can’t find anyone to rebuild mine either, I bought it a week ago and found out I was screwed. I’m going to attempt myself at a DIY shop that has all the specialty tools, lifts and everything you need. I found some parts from an OEM GM surplus dealer SMC performance and auto parts. GM confirmed part numbers for me. I also found a website that for a membership fee monthly had a service manual that is 2ML70 specific. I’ll start a thread when I start the work.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m attempting a rebuild myself, I found a website (alldata) appears to be 2ML70 specific.
Sweet, glad you're taking it on....I thought about Alldata or MOD but would rather have a physical manual (never been a fan of the digital manuals, etc)...If you haven't done so already, perhaps start a build thread with pics on it and let us know of your experience. Looks like a neat transmission but I imagine of one of the motors ends up being bad they could be expensive to replace.

Knagawa350

Reaction score
Website is definitely sporadic, but Its giving me the option to print, so I’m about to go spend $60 bucks on paper at kinkos for this info to be organized for me. Chevy ran diagnostics for me and let me know it’s the 1-3 clutch and 4th clutch slipping. It feels correct what they’re saying, anytime the electric motor starts there’s no slip, and when it’s assisting the internal combusting it keeps pace. However if it’s running with out the electric motors it feels like it’s falling behind. I found a parts group out of Michigan that has a full list of inventory and their first drive motor is 850 the 2nd drive is like 1200 I think. And it’s all GM branded surplus packages. Some items have only a description though. It’s all 2ml70 stuff but I ordered one of everything that the manual said needs to be replaced in general ie. filters, rings, gaskets, seals, clutches and such. So when I know, you’ll know! Also I got this truck a week ago, I’m not gonna take a loss on this one. It’s a great vehicle, from what I’ve gotten to experience. I know others want info and I’m happy to share what I can with what I have.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you found something on it. I had emailed transmission digest and they replied. with a number to try calling.

Try contacting ATSG: 800.245.7722. If anybody will know the answer to your question, those folks (they provide our technical articles) will

but yeah, if you going something 60$ to print it all out seems worth it.

I never did pick up that used 2wd tranny, since mine is 4wd and could never find any info about them being swapable. we this point I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping mine holds up lol. but I'm sure it won't forever. the tranny fluid sample I had done came back showing nothing out of the ordinary. being cvt like, i think I'd have a hard time knowing if it was not right haha. it's always doing something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts