2008 GMC Yukon Denili

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burkard

Reaction score
How is everyone doing? Hope you'll are staying safe and enjoying life. Have a question. Ive had my 2008 yukon denili for a 2 months now. When I drive it everything is smooth until I hit a bump in road or pot hole the front doors make noise like they aren't shut all the way. But they are thats what I thought first couple of times it happened. Now that I know doors are shut and it does it. Not to big of problem, wondering if its the door jams that are bad. My old 2002 Yukon never did that. The 2002 Yukon used a different assemble then the 2008 Denili. I know they are cheap. Because had to replace both back door assembles do to the kids yanking on them, plus thier plastic components. Any ideas on if it is possible to fix this small problem. Ive looked at the door jam and dont see anything loose or broke. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you'll and god bless you'll.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. You posted in the 1991 - 1999 section. Try posting in the 2007-2014 section.

Admin edit: It's moved

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia. Have you checked the seals and striker? Also might be time for new struts. I’m on the hunt for some myself. Got the same rig.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check to see if you have any play in your hinges. Even if the door is latched, if the hinges are worn, that end of the door can bounce.

As others have mentioned, you may be in need of new struts as well.

OP
OP
Burkard

Burkard

Reaction score
Thank you for the ideas. Will look into the struts and door hing. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157