2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 SAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to buy this console for months from someone I know he didn’t want to let it go because it’s super rare but finally agreed on a price and snagged it so I can finally properly mount the siren and light switches, it goes in place of the cup holder.

View attachment 386185

Then I picked up a NOS light bar got a pretty good deal on it for Black Friday, the rear is an amber traffic advisor should be pretty sweet once it’s all setup. It’s not a Whelen it’s a Code 3 2100 series full LED I wanted a Whelen but couldn’t touch one for the price of this one.

View attachment 386186

Oh shit yeah! Where did you get that?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh shit yeah! Where did you get that?

Well the console I got off someone I know through the Vic pages on FB been trying to by it since July but there super hard to find and he’s been debating letting it go, then the light bar I got from Brooks Government Surplus there outta Texas they sell all kinds of used/new emergency lighting, was browsing there page and stumbled across it, I actually bought the same light bar off eBay and was trying to find the controller and canceled the order and just bought the new bar since it has the controller and has no run time on the bar other then testing it.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So over the summer, I got a code for the TPS sensor well this car has an electronic gas pedal too along with the electronic TB so the code could apply to either sensor so grabbed one at Napa threw it on and cleaned the TB and threw it back on, few weeks back I got the same code so did some looking around and discovered the aftermarket TPS sensors are nothing but problems you need the OEM Ford one, so ended up just buying a new OEM Ford TB which has the TPS sensor too instead of just doing the sensor didn’t want to have to replace the TB down the road, and replaced the gas pedal too since that sensor isn’t replaceable, the throttle response is much better now see what happens the more I drive it.

C2FD7391-F6EF-4D38-8F50-76727C580586.jpeg
F1925B5E-6C95-4439-A6DE-4609DCEB860A.jpeg
015AACF3-6D04-4991-9C89-99C9BA7B7D9F.jpeg

And of course nothing is never easy, broke a tab on this connector so had to hit the junkyard to grab one off a Vic and discovered a Crown Vic identical to mine it’s just black so probably going back soon to grab some more parts since it’s pretty clean and intact.

173B0E88-0F88-43DD-9CDE-E1B8AF4027C5.jpeg

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the console I got off someone I know through the Vic pages on FB been trying to by it since July but there super hard to find and he’s been debating letting it go, then the light bar I got from Brooks Government Surplus there outta Texas they sell all kinds of used/new emergency lighting, was browsing there page and stumbled across it, I actually bought the same light bar off eBay and was trying to find the controller and canceled the order and just bought the new bar since it has the controller and has no run time on the bar other then testing it.
Oh great another rabbit hole to search. I hadn’t heard about Brooks before.

I’ve been wanting a set of the spoiler mounted brackets for some amber strobes...

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Vic’s been running great since I installed the new TB & gas pedal. So that light bar came and messed around with it and decided it’s not the look up looking for kinda like the incognito look, so threw the bar up for sale and have a buyer for it. So I’ve picked up a few different inner front windshield light bars. I found a full length Whelen Inner Edge that’s R&B with take downs and picked up one for an Impala which can fit a Vic or Expedition that one I’m going to most likely sell got it as a package deal with the full length one. So was searching eBay and came across a super rare light it’s a Whelen 3 head Inner Edge they are super hard to find you hardly ever find them with the brackets, so probably going to use this one and sell the Impala one and keep the full length one. The 3 head one is blue on the driver side, red on the passenger side, then the center ones a R/B split.

Full length Inner Edge & Impala split Inner edge in the back

FF10C09A-1DE2-4211-88FD-F9EDF4D74D19.jpeg

Whelen Inner Edge 3 head

2C4F12AC-97EF-40AF-AA9D-17E5CE35BD63.png

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Vic’s been running great since I installed the new TB & gas pedal. So that light bar came and messed around with it and decided it’s not the look up looking for kinda like the incognito look, so threw the bar up for sale and have a buyer for it. So I’ve picked up a few different inner front windshield light bars. I found a full length Whelen Inner Edge that’s R&B with take downs and picked up one for an Impala which can fit a Vic or Expedition that one I’m going to most likely sell got it as a package deal with the full length one. So was searching eBay and came across a super rare light it’s a Whelen 3 head Inner Edge they are super hard to find you hardly ever find them with the brackets, so probably going to use this one and sell the Impala one and keep the full length one. The 3 head one is blue on the driver side, red on the passenger side, then the center ones a R/B split.

Full length Inner Edge & Impala split Inner edge in the back

View attachment 387265

Whelen Inner Edge 3 head

View attachment 387266

Any updates bud?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually a bunch so I got that 3 head upper Inner Edge installed.

464E382C-E068-4637-8C15-EB61FB5C30DF.jpeg
A1CA90D4-20BD-4D2B-8BD9-4C6351034ABA.jpeg
CED328C6-D7A5-4FFE-ABBF-ADB046F3A1A1.jpeg62DF5FE7-4AF1-405E-AE75-41E064D9291D.jpeg

Then I finally installed that console I got a few months back and switched out the siren controller and light switches for one unit a Touchmaster Delta, all the lights are are on the slide switch everything comes on on the last setting and all the buttons are available for more lights down the road possibly.

9D52BECF-5FD6-4190-8D7C-7FEE5E5EEC34.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE