FORD Dealer says "Waiting on Previous Owner/Lender" - 2021 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saga continues.... In my last post I got license plates + paper from Oregon DMV saying 6-8 weeks. My dealership contact reached out today with the latest snafu....

Once the Hertz CA title was 'lost in the mail', the dealership filed for a 're-issue title' with CA, which came thru and was submitted to DMV to get my plates.

However, Hertz also did a 're-issue title' request in CA - so now there is a 2nd 're-issue' title that has to be submitted to Oregon DMV as the last one is the only one that counts.

YIKES.... the dealership will re-submit the 2nd title when they get it - hopefully soon. The Oregon DMV will have to process the 2nd one before getting me my own title.

Meanwhile I still don't have a title.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the title! Only took 7 months - wow....

We've added 4,000miles now and fortunately the rig is running perfectly / we had no desire to sell etc, really happy with it.

Lesson learned - do not buy a vehicle unless you see the title in the seller's hand or confirm it's availability somehow... even from a brand-name, large dealer. Whole thing was 'illegal' but there's no one to help you / no remedy short of very long term efforts.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the title! Only took 7 months - wow....

We've added 4,000miles now and fortunately the rig is running perfectly / we had no desire to sell etc, really happy with it.

Lesson learned - do not buy a vehicle unless you see the title in the seller's hand or confirm it's availability somehow... even from a brand-name, large dealer. Whole thing was 'illegal' but there's no one to help you / no remedy short of very long term efforts.
Great to hear it man, glad it all worked out in the end!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019