2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 SAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't run the strobes too long in that housing, it'll melt the housing after a while. Even though ideal, we stopped using that area because it was too small and nowhere for the heat to dissipate with that strobe flashing.

Thanks for the info I honestly hardly use them maybe a minute here or there tops, the old ones really weren’t melted which I found kinda surprising being they probably were used a lot.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the push bar installed it gave me the perfect spot to install an LED light bar & LED pods to use as high beams at night. The bar is a nice one that Tractor Supply used to sell has metal mounting brackets vs the plastic ones most have nowadays my friend bought it years ago and just had it sitting around his house ended up being the right size and the pods I got on clearance at Auto Zone for $17 there pretty nice if anyone needs some they used to be $44.
71D005BB-E974-451B-935D-C69B74AE250F.jpeg
F1759748-B027-4BED-932A-C54A8CEFADED.jpeg

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded the brakes to StopTech drilled/slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads and SS brake hoses all the way around. Pretty much caught up to where I’m at now, need to get a few more pics of some other things I’ve done that you probably notice in some of the pics.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome updates man!!! Love the push bar! I tried running those smaller type of LED pods on my push bar and I think it made it look tacky after a while. Like all the Jeep and truck guys around here run them. I moved them behind the grille and it made it look much more "legit" looking. I'm still messing around with final placement.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome updates man!!! Love the push bar! I tried running those smaller type of LED pods on my push bar and I think it made it look tacky after a while. Like all the Jeep and truck guys around here run them. I moved them behind the grille and it made it look much more "legit" looking. I'm still messing around with final placement.

Thanks, the bolts from the light bar stuck up enough it made the perfect base for them with a washer I think if the bar wasn’t underneath it wouldn’t look as good, and that’s a nice clean spot for them behind the grille.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the bolts from the light bar stuck up enough it made the perfect base for them with a washer I think if the bar wasn’t underneath it wouldn’t look as good, and that’s a nice clean spot for them behind the grille.

I like how you can see your push bar from inside, I can't see mine. Makes it a bit tricky nosing up to something.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've been waiting for an update. I just bought an 07 LX Sport--has the center console/floor shift, and a few more horses then the regular Vic. Trying to read up on some engine mods for the 4.6. Have any good tips?

Attachments

• 00Y0Y_2etPp4luwkaz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    00Y0Y_2etPp4luwkaz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 00o0o_7gk8huTi7pyz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    00o0o_7gk8huTi7pyz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for an update. I just bought an 07 LX Sport--has the center console/floor shift, and a few more horses then the regular Vic. Trying to read up on some engine mods for the 4.6. Have any good tips?

That’s pretty sharp always loved that color and the LX Sports are pretty sweet how many miles? And in terms of engine mods that has dual exhaust already? If so could swap out the mufflers for something that flows better, skip a cold air intake just do the P71/Marauder tube/airbox but I think the LX Sport has that, on the 05+ cars with the DBW the cold air intakes cause nothing but problems throw in a nice drop in air filter and call it a day there’s a few upgraded ones like a K&N but don’t need to oil it, what you got for rear gears? The best most is a “Marty Tune” from Mo’s speedshop he builds the tune to your needs, how firm you want the shifts and mods like say different rear end gears, and gives you a 87 and 93 tune, best bang for the buck the car will drive so much better the throttle lag will be gone, it will stay in gear longer before shifter along with the firmer shifts will be like a whole new car and you’ll gain some hp/tq

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That’s pretty sharp always loved that color and the LX Sports are pretty sweet how many miles? And in terms of engine mods that has dual exhaust already? If so could swap out the mufflers for something that flows better, skip a cold air intake just do the P71/Marauder tube/airbox but I think the LX Sport has that, on the 05+ cars with the DBW the cold air intakes cause nothing but problems throw in a nice drop in air filter and call it a day there’s a few upgraded ones like a K&N but don’t need to oil it, what you got for rear gears? The best most is a “Marty Tune” from Mo’s speedshop he builds the tune to your needs, how firm you want the shifts and mods like say different rear end gears, and gives you a 87 and 93 tune, best bang for the buck the car will drive so much better the throttle lag will be gone, it will stay in gear longer before shifter along with the firmer shifts will be like a whole new car and you’ll gain some hp/tq
Just hit 158k. Has duals along with 3.27 gears. 2 old guys owned it so it wasn't beat on. Surprisingly there's no lag--at all. When I romp it, or even just gradually step on it--it goes--and it goes FAST. Imo the shifts are right where they belong. Probably has a slightly different tune since it's a sport(?) I have 2 brand new Borlas I was thinking of putting in. I also read about taking 2 of the 4 cats out--but Idk if I want to do that. After driving the hoe and my van, I kind of like the quiet now lol. It has the touchpad on the door, but the guy didn't remember the code. I read the code should be on the DDM behind the driver's door panel--no luck. Unless someone takes it off, there's usually a sticker with the code on the trunk hinge, of course it's gone. Do you know a way I could find or figure out the code?20220910_145854.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manofaltes