2007 Yukon Denali – Driver’s side rear door – full of water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan_G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK I noticed that my driver’s side rear door was full of water today – like at least a quart. It rained last night and all morning. This truck is new to me (it has a few issues). This has obviously been doing this for a while. There is a hole in the inside door area about 5 inches up from the bottom. Every time you swing the door open or closed, water squirts out. You can hear it sloshing in there. There was a lot of water in there. So I’m thinking there could be a problem with the window seal. But, are there supposed to be drain holes to allow any accumulated water to drain. I can see there is a weather strip along the bottom – should I yank that off and look for drain holes? Perhaps I need to take the door panel off and look inside there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is 2 plastic plugs on the bottom the door, just pull one out and let the water drain, some people just leave them out. it's a typical thing, not sure if gm designed the doors this way or if it is a flaw but it's very common and nothing to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs