2007 Yukon..Common places to check for coolant leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi,

2007 Yukon XL dropping coolant on to my drive after average driving conditions. Any advice on where to look, the pool on the ground is just inside the nearside front wheel.

Thanks in advance

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Nearside" meaning passenger side? The plastic Ts in the heater hoses near the passenger side firewall crack and leak. Put some toilet paper or a paper towel around them if a leak is not evident upon visual inspection.

If one or both are leaking, it's strongly recommended to replace both with AC Delco, not Dorman Ts which are know for a short life.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am assuming you are talking about the driver's side when you say "nearside"? Do you mean inside at the front or rear area? Front area could be driver's side of the radiator or radiator hose. Have you pressure tested to get it to leak faster and do a sight check? Many areas around the engine area can leak and drain down and drop to the ground away from where the actual leak is at.

I honestly, in all my years in this industry, never heard the nearside as a description of a side of vehicle. Drivers side=left side and passenger side=right side.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am assuming you are talking about the driver's side when you say "nearside"? Do you mean inside at the front or rear area? Front area could be driver's side of the radiator or radiator hose. Have you pressure tested to get it to leak faster and do a sight check? Many areas around the engine area can leak and drain down and drop to the ground away from where the actual leak is at.

I honestly, in all my years in this industry, never heard the nearside as a description of a side of vehicle. Drivers side=left side and passenger side=right side.

I hadn't, either, but I've never been to England.

Capture.JPG

And I've never been to Spain, whatever that has to do with this. I HAVE tried to sleep through a 3 dog night, though. LOL

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
"Nearside" meaning passenger side? The plastic Ts in the heater hoses near the passenger side firewall crack and leak. Put some toilet paper or a paper towel around them if a leak is not evident upon visual inspection.

If one or both are leaking, it's strongly recommended to replace both with AC Delco, not Dorman Ts which are know for a short life.
yes passenger side, thanks for the advices will check those.

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score

thanks, will check out how to do a pressure test and yes, passenger side.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a flashlight and get under the truck.
check bottom of the radiator
check under the water pump
check hoses that connect to water pump including the plastic T to the reservoir tank/heater
check the reservoir tank
check the 2 heater hoses that go into the firewall (passenger side) those also both have a T (these are very typical to break or crack over time)
check down both left & right side of radiator from the top
if you still can't find the leak, then leave a large piece of cardboard under the suspect area overnight and look at it in the morning (before you start or move the vehicle), look at the wet spot and directly above it will likely be your source.
you will not have any coolant leak on the driver side unless it is the radiator at the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo