2007 Tahoe negative battery terminal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could tell me on the negative battery terminal, it splits into 2 wires, one going to to the block near the cylinder head and the other goes underneath towards the back of the radiator.

my question is why is that wire down there? Is just an extra grounding point on the chassis or is there something it actually goes to? The reason I’m asking is because I want upgrade my ground cables to 1/0 gauge.

Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could tell me on the negative battery terminal, it splits into 2 wires, one going to to the block near the cylinder head and the other goes underneath towards the back of the radiator.

my question is why is that wire down there? Is just an extra grounding point on the chassis or is there something it actually goes to? The reason I’m asking is because I want upgrade my ground cables to 1/0 gauge.

Thanks

Check out the attached starting at B-18. This might tell you what you’re looking for on the negative side of things. The other sections will help you on the positive side of things.
https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/88/2007_LD_ElectricalUtilitiesSUV.pdf

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks
@malvizar The cable that goes down to the front of the Tahoe just bolts into the frame so it should be pretty easy to put together a new negative cable with 3 ends.

nath

Reaction score
wjburken, Thanks so much for the link. just answered numerous questions I have had for my "old girl" for a long time. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts