2007 Tahoe LTZ Power Liftgate opens but does not close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Recently replaced the button on the inside of the door that is supposed to close it.

Cannot get it to close using the interior button, the fob button, or the liftgate close button.

Lifts up just fine, any ideas? Not critical but it would be nice to get it to work.

OP
OP
Ledesordre

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Check the wiring going into liftgate it gets chafed
Checked it. Seems okay. Is there a specific wire that we know of that controls the gate closing specifically? If i knew what wire I can probably test the integrity of it.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a harness behind the panel. The panel is a booger to get off but once it is you’ll see everything. Go ahead and check everything in there including camera you don’t want to do this twice.

OP
OP
Ledesordre

Ledesordre

Reaction score
There’s a harness behind the panel. The panel is a booger to get off but once it is you’ll see everything. Go ahead and check everything in there including camera you don’t want to do this twice.
Thanks

I’ve got the interior trim panel off if that’s what you mean. Wiring as far as I can tell seems a bit tight but looks intact. Need to check more thoroughly after this rain stops.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And check the activation from all sources key fob roof mounted panel and outside panel. My button inside sticks from time to time not allowing my fob to work.

OP
OP
Ledesordre

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Outside panel works great to open it, not close it
Interior button on drivers area ceiling works great to open it, not close it
Fob hatch button works great to open it, not close it

Thanks again all

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok sounds like the problem is in the rear hatch button. You may be able to disassemble it and clean the contacts. The switch gets wet and full of crud being outside. If it’s not serviceable a new one is fairly inexpensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts