2007 Tahoe - Cruise Control Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txaggie929

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2007 Tahoe 5.3L 4x4 w/ 57K miles. Cruise control has stopped working overnight. No intermittent problems, just quit working period. Switch turns on light on steering wheel, but not on dash.

I have already checked the fuse and replaced the stop lamp switch with a brand new AC Delco switch, and cruise control still will not function. Hoping this is not the body control module going out.

Anybody have a similar experience? Any insight is appreciated.

OP
OP
T

txaggie929

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We use the parking brake multiple times a day, no hang-ups or broken cables. Read that other link and it describes what I've already fixed - thanks for the info though.

Anybody else got any ideas?

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that happen to me one time the parking brake wasn't released all the way and it kept the cruise from engaging. Sometimes is the simplest fix. Kinda sucks, I know its a annoying just keep trouble shooting.

badzr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Besides the ebrake check, if you have the adjustable pedals cycle them once or twice and see if that helps. It worked on mine.

OP
OP
T

txaggie929

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does have the adjustable pedals, and I cycled the pedals through a full range of movement several times. Still no dice.

jherbst777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brake Switch - part 25981009. Only cost's about $20. It is a switch underneath the brake pedal that tells your cruise control to shut down when you tap it. Apparently its common for these to go out. I bought one to fix my '07 Yukon Denali and was told to move the existing one around before taking the time to fix it. Well it worked and has for a month now. I just kept the switch so I have it available to replace when needed.

OP
OP
T

txaggie929

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies about the stop lamp switch, but like I said in the 1st post of this thread, I already replaced that switch and it still did not fix it.