2007 GMC YUKON CRUISE CONTROL STOPPED WORKING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't try cleaning it or fixing the contacts, just replace it, BTDT.

GM or ACDelco only, same numbers on same box/bag: 25981009 or D1539J.

This assumes that the amber light is still on the steering wheel control but the green light on the cluster doesn't come on and the unit does not engage.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happened to me too. Dust and lint buildup on the contacts in the brake switch. I just clenaed mine up and it's been fine. This is from a year and a half ago.

YukCCR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't try cleaning it or fixing the contacts, just replace it, BTDT.

GM or ACDelco only, same numbers on same box/bag: 25981009 or D1539J.

This assumes that the amber light is still on the steering wheel control but the green light on the cluster doesn't come on and the unit does not engage.
I have the same issue. The amber light is still on at the steering wheel but the green light doesn't come on and the unit does not engage. Replaced the brake switch, no change. What would you look for next? I don't have a scan tool but I'm interested in buying one if it looks like it will help save me money.
Will start a new thread if that's more appropriate.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. The amber light is still on at the steering wheel but the green light doesn't come on and the unit does not engage. Replaced the brake switch, no change. What would you look for next? I don't have a scan tool but I'm interested in buying one if it looks like it will help save me money.
Will start a new thread if that's more appropriate.
Did you use an aftermarket unit? If not, you'll want some way to check internal BCM codes. My children have IPhones and they can see BCM codes with CarScanner app in PlayStore. We use the Foseal OBDII adapters, WIFI and Bluetooth.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify it was the parking brake switch on mine I had to clean up. Still working to this day so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts