2007 PPV Tahoe getting the rear door operational again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
To anyone wanting to get your rear PPV Tahoe doors to be able to open from the inside here are a few little easy and free tricks to get them working again.

Not sure if all PPV Tahoes are equipped like mine is.
After pulling the rear door panel I noticed the interior door handle if fully functional and the only reason it would not work is because the latch cable was intentionally left disconnected, after connecting it back the door will now open from the inside.

Another little trick is that the door lock rod was intentionally bent at a 90 degree angle.
Once I straightened the lock it is now accessible and also works.

None of these mods cost anything but my time.

Hope this will help other that may have a Tahoe configured in the same manner.

IMG_5908.JPG IMG_5909.JPG IMG_5913.JPG

Brizko559

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To anyone wanting to get your rear PPV Tahoe doors to be able to open from the inside here are a few little easy and free tricks to get them working again.

Not sure if all PPV Tahoes are equipped like mine is.
After pulling the rear door panel I noticed the interior door handle if fully functional and the only reason it would not work is because the latch cable was intentionally left disconnected, after connecting it back the door will now open from the inside.

Another little trick is that the door lock rod was intentionally bent at a 90 degree angle.
Once I straightened the lock it is now accessible and also works.

None of these mods cost anything but my time.

Hope this will help other that may have a Tahoe configured in the same manner.

View attachment 206975 View attachment 206976 View attachment 206977
Mine was unfortunately cut off which looks like they used an angle grinder. Do you happen to know the part number or length for the 2007 latch cable? And the part number for the lock. Mine wasn’t bent it was cut off as well

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was unfortunately cut off which looks like they used an angle grinder. Do you happen to know the part number or length for the 2007 latch cable? And the part number for the lock. Mine wasn’t bent it was cut off as well

Look up your parts here:

Or maybe @915_Tahoe can help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts