2007 Memory Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some searching, and no one seems to have the exact same issue I am having.

2007 Tahoe LTZ (Memory Mirror, Heated, turn signal and puddle light)

I have the Memory Mirrors and I noticed on my way in to work that the position of the mirror was off a little, It was turned in to the left so I could see a little more of the side of my Tahoe, but I did not think much of it and adjusted it to the right. When I got to work I backed into a parking space and the Right mirror went all the way down like it should and then all the way to the right. I adjusted it and then a few seconds later it insisted on going all the way to the right again.

The Drivers side will tilt and return without issue.

When I push the memory button the right mirror will move slightly every time, like it is out of adjustment.

I am not sure if it is a wiring issue, the mirror has gone kaput or the module has gone wonky.

I read where someone had a leaking windshield, I have not found evidence of this yet.

UPDATE:
It seems that the mirror works fine the first time, but after that it goes wonky (all the way to the right). I checked this a few times and indeed every time at a "cold start" it worked what seemed to be fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

John

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some searching, and no one seems to have the exact same issue I am having.

2007 Tahoe LTZ (Memory Mirror, Heated, turn signal and puddle light)

I have the Memory Mirrors and I noticed on my way in to work that the position of the mirror was off a little, It was turned in to the left so I could see a little more of the side of my Tahoe, but I did not think much of it and adjusted it to the right. When I got to work I backed into a parking space and the Right mirror went all the way down like it should and then all the way to the right. I adjusted it and then a few seconds later it insisted on going all the way to the right again.

The Drivers side will tilt and return without issue.

When I push the memory button the right mirror will move slightly every time, like it is out of adjustment.

I am not sure if it is a wiring issue, the mirror has gone kaput or the module has gone wonky.

I read where someone had a leaking windshield, I have not found evidence of this yet.

UPDATE:
It seems that the mirror works fine the first time, but after that it goes wonky (all the way to the right). I checked this a few times and indeed every time at a "cold start" it worked what seemed to be fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

John
Tech-2 time.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly, it just corrected itself. I turned off the feature for about a week and then when I turned it back on, it worked perfect.
Have you tried resetting the memory?
It was not the memory part of it, When in reverse it would just go wonky, oddly on the second time I put it in reverse in a single drive, the first time it seemed to work fine. For example, if I put it in reverse to get out of my garage it was fine, but when I backed into my parking spot at work it would just go down and then all the way to the right.
Tech-2 time.
I have a tech 2, that was my next step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9