2007 GMC Yukon wiring / lights problem - FOUND chewed wires near left rear end - update 1st post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I think the owners manual may be referring to the Chevrolet tail light assembly as the Chevrolet has the reverse light in the center.

rps20210609_223827_367.jpg

It definitely sounds like a ground issue on the passenger tail light. To test this you can back probe the tail light harness and hook the other end to a known good ground and see if your issues go away.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
you might want to check the harness under the rear bumper, the tail light harness is a sub-harness the connector to the main harness is under the bumper, get under the truck and look up can't miss it.

This^^^

I often take for granted that people just know this automatically.

OP
OP
StrkAliteN

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
Thank you to all for info .... I will update as I tear into things

Will post fix also as to help others with similar tail light demons

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The two dual-filament bulbs (turn signals and brakes) are 7443 (ACDelco 15194045 and GMC 13591401)

The single bulb (backup) is 7441 (ACDelco 15524109 and GMC 15524109)

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owners manual is WRONG.

The stoplamp / tail lamp 3057 will NEVER fit into the socket that is C position in the owners manual as the lamp plug assembly DO NOT match.

Why the incorrect info in a owners manual ?? I have no ******* clue what is normal now or not normal.

All I know is my right rear lite assembly is possessed by demons and I have no clue how to troubleshoot / fix it

My owners manual is incorrect as well.

Top is lights on running and brake light. Middle is lights on running and turn signal. Bottom is back up.

You likely have a bad ground and/or a short in one of the right rear circuits.

OP
OP
StrkAliteN

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
Got it all buttoned up and everything is working fine.

The check eng lite is what prevented remote start and cruise control from working

The rat also chewed through the fuel vent valve tubing thing that runs up to the gas filler cap and monitors for fumes / overflow.

$55 worth of parts for that and dropping the spare tire to access and then the code will clear and all 100% at that point

Took a few pics of the wire job ( before and after ) ******* rats

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it all buttoned up and everything is working fine.

The check eng lite is what prevented remote start and cruise control from working

The rat also chewed through the fuel vent valve tubing thing that runs up to the gas filler cap and monitors for fumes / overflow.

$55 worth of parts for that and dropping the spare tire to access and then the code will clear and all 100% at that point

Took a few pics of the wire job ( before and after ) ******* rats
******* rat bastards. Good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14