2008 GMC Yukon Denili

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burkard

Reaction score
Im having problems with my rear driver side brake lights and the turn signal. I believe its a bad ground. Ive replaced the bulbs. Still same problem. The lights work when running lights are on, push brakes nothing. Then when you turn left blinker on all three light blink dimly. Including the reverse light and the reverse light on right side blinks also. Ive cleaned the ground wires near the rear on the yukon the are mounted to frame on drivers side near where the spare tire is. Wondering if there was a way to get a wiring diagram I can get. This weekend I'm gonna drop the spare tire due to the wires run up along the body underneath the spare. Don't know if the previous owner did any modifications to them. Or maybe when he replace the charcoal canstear he niked a wire. If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate them. Thanks and god bless you'll

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you inspect the bulb sockets themselves, to ensure that the contact surfaces are clean and well connected to the wires entering the sockets?

OP
OP
Burkard

Burkard

Reaction score
Trailer light wiring?
I checked them. I thought that is where the problem was, because when I bought it and drove it home I could smell burning rubber. So I found where smell was coming. Damn trailer lights weren't mounted to frame or body and was laying on muffler. So I pulled the plastic covering off the wires. To my surprise it only melted the plastic covering didn't burn through any of the wires. I made sure with a Volt meter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore