2007 GMC Yukon SLT fuel access door.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylem40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright well I haven't been here long. I know this has been discussed and I know there are tons of people that hate on this. It's kind of ridiculous how much hate it is but thats ok I don't care. I just want to share this for anyone looking for this. I couldn't find anything on this generation. I originally found a post on this site and a few guys posted pictures but they were not of our generation. So I want to share. I've got a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT. 5.3. Cammed BTR stage 2 truck cam. Texas speed Long tube headers and catless y pipe. MBRP cat back. Tuned. I wanted to replace my fuel pump with a upgraded one from Texas speed. I think it was the 320lph I can't remember. Anyway so I bought a 8x8 fuel access door and then had to figure out where to cut. So enough texting and here are the pictures. Love it hate it. Don't matter to me. I couldn't drop the tank. Enjoy and good luck.

Attachments

• 20210828_145221.jpg
    20210828_145221.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210828_145240.jpg
    20210828_145240.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210828_145256.jpg
    20210828_145256.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210828_165946.jpg
    20210828_165946.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210828_170018.jpg
    20210828_170018.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 38

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the results of your work. Not sure what all the 'hate' verbiage is about.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright well I haven't been here long. I know this has been discussed and I know there are tons of people that hate on this. It's kind of ridiculous how much hate it is but thats ok I don't care. I just want to share this for anyone looking for this. I couldn't find anything on this generation. I originally found a post on this site and a few guys posted pictures but they were not of our generation. So I want to share. I've got a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT. 5.3. Cammed BTR stage 2 truck cam. Texas speed Long tube headers and catless y pipe. MBRP cat back. Tuned. I wanted to replace my fuel pump with a upgraded one from Texas speed. I think it was the 320lph I can't remember. Anyway so I bought a 8x8 fuel access door and then had to figure out where to cut. So enough texting and here are the pictures. Love it hate it. Don't matter to me. I couldn't drop the tank. Enjoy and good luck.
There's lots of ways to skin the cat Kyle. It's not for everybody but even then, we can appreciate the thought and work you put into this mod. Keep sharing, it's all appreciated by someone.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a guy who probably has a fuel pump change coming up pretty soon, I really like it. I probably will drop the tank with my job, but if GM had put such a clean looking access door in my Yukon, it would be a lot less hassle. :)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems legit. Thanks for posting your measurements and all as this'll really help others who wish to destroy their vehicles in the same way.rolleyes.gif

Is that panel bond or seam sealer or...?

OP
OP
Kylem40

Kylem40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the results of your work. Not sure what all the 'hate' verbiage is about.
The other thread I read on here was horrible with people saying if you don't drop the tank don't bother doing it at all. Just so many down on the guy asking for help rather then sharing the help. So I was wanting to share and explain idc if anyone hates it I want to help others that want this info.

OP
OP
Kylem40

Kylem40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Being a guy who probably has a fuel pump change coming up pretty soon, I really like it. I probably will drop the tank with my job, but if GM had put such a clean looking access door in my Yukon, it would be a lot less hassle. :)
It didn't turn out near as clean as I was really hoping for. And honestly was a pain to do. I did this in hopes that if I need to come back and do it I can easily do it again. I plan to keep it for a while. I originally had it planned to go to my buddy's shop but his boss kept pushing me off. Well I can't drop it in my driveway nor did I want to and I don't have the best of luck with vehicles so if I can make it easier for me in the future I wanted to.

OP
OP
Kylem40

Kylem40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems legit. Thanks for posting your measurements and all as this'll really help others who wish to destroy their vehicles in the same way.View attachment 348896

Is that panel bond or seam sealer or...?
Eh to you destroying to me enhancing. I plan to keep this till she dies. As I've put as much money into it as it took me just buying it. With the access door being so thin you don't even notice it there. I actually didn't know what to use so I tried what I had available which was caulking if I even spelled that right. Eh oh well. I'll have to come back and revisit it down the road just to make sure it's still in place otherwise I'll have to try something else. Not sure what else to use? Maybe I should have used like an apoxy type glue instead to seal it idk. If you have any better suggestions I'd be open for that. I tried my best to make sure it was all sealed up.

OP
OP
Kylem40

Kylem40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That door install looks really clean and well thought out. Great job! Wish I could do this on my Express van.
I tried my best but honeslty I think it could have came out a bit cleaner. It didn't come out the way I was thinking it would be it definitely looks better then just the metal flopped back and put back down and covered up. I would think you could do it on the van. Just have to figure out where the pump is under it. I had to find it since no one had any posts on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu