2007 escalade rear trunk closing issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello members

2007 escalade rear lift gate opens perfectly fine but when I hit the closing button, sometimes it closes and others it does not. I did replace the switch and was able to do so with out removing the trunk panel but that did not fix my issue. I believe there are several possibilities to this? Which part should I be looking to replace?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it work properly with the key fob, the switch in the front overhead console, and the switch at the fare itself? Just trying to rule our a potential other switch issue.

If those check out, it could be something related to the door motor buried to the left of the rear seat. Need a tech2 to see what it's saying for codes, etc

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@B-train Its the same with remote and switch on the overhead console. Opening is never a problem. The closing sometimes works and sometimes wont.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^x2^^^ Don't load the parts cannon, until we help you find the source of the issue.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b153b:05

This is the code thats present as per my autel scanner

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a calibration procedure if you have a Tech2 scanner:

Liftgate Calibration

Note: To ensure proper calibration of the liftgate, the liftgate assembly must be at room temperature during calibration.

Power liftgate calibration must be performed after any of the liftgate system components have been disconnected, disassembled, repaired, or replaced.

Conditions

Use this procedure after replacing, repairing, or disassembling any portion of the power liftgate assembly.

Note: The liftgate must be in the full closed position when performing the liftgate calibration procedure. Failure to do so will result in a failed liftgate calibration.

Calibrate Liftgate

1. Close the liftgate.
  2. Install a scan tool.
  3. Clear All DTCs before proceeding.
  4. Navigate to the Liftgate Module menu.
  5. Select Module Setup menu item
  6. Select LGM Open/Close Test and follow the directions displayed on the screen
Note: DTC B1019 00 will set automatically as an indicator that the system is in learn mode and not as a fault indicator. Once the travel limits are learned by the LGM, the liftgate module will exit calibration mode and DTC B1019 00 become a history code. You will hear a loud clunk at the top of travel the first time the liftgate opens. The system is learning where full open is for this vehicle. There will be no clunk after the first full opening and closing.

Wille

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a calibration procedure if you have a Tech2 scanner:

Liftgate Calibration

Note:
To ensure proper calibration of the liftgate, the liftgate assembly must be at room temperature during calibration.

Power liftgate calibration must be performed after any of the liftgate system components have been disconnected, disassembled, repaired, or replaced.

Conditions

Use this procedure after replacing, repairing, or disassembling any portion of the power liftgate assembly.

Note: The liftgate must be in the full closed position when performing the liftgate calibration procedure. Failure to do so will result in a failed liftgate calibration.

Calibrate Liftgate

1. Close the liftgate.
  2. Install a scan tool.
  3. Clear All DTCs before proceeding.
  4. Navigate to the Liftgate Module menu.
  5. Select Module Setup menu item
  6. Select LGM Open/Close Test and follow the directions displayed on the screen
Note: DTC B1019 00 will set automatically as an indicator that the system is in learn mode and not as a fault indicator. Once the travel limits are learned by the LGM, the liftgate module will exit calibration mode and DTC B1019 00 become a history code. You will hear a loud clunk at the top of travel the first time the liftgate opens. The system is learning where full open is for this vehicle. There will be no clunk after the first full opening and closing.
so if understanding you correctly I need to calibrate, now when I changed the “solenoid gear” in my liftgate motor. The gate close but won’t ope, I can se the motor starting but shuts off.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so if understanding you correctly I need to calibrate, now when I changed the “solenoid gear” in my liftgate motor. The gate close but won’t ope, I can se the motor starting but shuts off.
Got it. When I had that happen, it was the latching mechanism that needed to be replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14