2007 Denali AWD Lowering Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
superstarsteveo

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It took A LOT of inner fender plastic trimming to accommodate the 26’s on the AWD Denali. I don’t know if that’s the case on 2wd’s or 4wd’s.

I second guessed myself 1000 times if I wanted to make the jump to 26’s, I had 24’s on my 06 Lowered Escalade prior to the Yukon. The 26’s are YUGE! Seriously they are big and I’m glad I went with them.

Blue Rock

Reaction score
Looks awesome man

It took A LOT of inner fender plastic trimming to accommodate the 26’s on the AWD Denali. I don’t know if that’s the case on 2wd’s or 4wd’s.

I second guessed myself 1000 times if I wanted to make the jump to 26’s, I had 24’s on my 06 Lowered Escalade prior to the Yukon. The 26’s are YUGE! Seriously they are big and I’m glad I went with them.

OP
OP
superstarsteveo

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments..

So this morning I did the alignment and I prob came up with 3000 new 4 letter words.

I would advise anyone considering 26’s to do a 2/3 drop maximum esp if you’re planning on any daily driving.

On the alignment rack I added a ton of camber and got the wheel pretty well upright, which lead to clearance problems... I’ll come back to this..

When it came to the caster I had to pull the wheel towards the front of the truck to even it out in the wheel well which gave me way better turning radius.

Back to that camber I ended up adding a 1/2” billet spacer on top of the strut hat to make the wheel clear without ripping off the inner fender plastic. Thank god we have a CNC Machine that I could mill the spacer or else I would have to do some serious improvising to accommodate the 26’s.

For a novice reading this thread and considering lowering your Yukon/Tahoe or Escalade... a big thing to consider in calculating your inches of drop, is the inches of wheel and tire your adding above stock.

Example the factory 20 w/tire is like 31.9” total diameter. The 295 is like 33” and change which the added circumference will make a difference in the suspension mods

Blue Rock

Reaction score
I was wondering if you had done the alignment after the pics because it looked like quite a bit of camber on the front. I love the 4/6 drop on 26s though.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet stance but yes those 26s are like stuffing 10lbs in a 5lb sack. At least you had the means in the shop and skills to make it happen. Not a novice install at all. Post up some more shots from the quarters. Good choice on the machined snowflakes.

OP
OP
superstarsteveo

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering if you had done the alignment after the pics because it looked like quite a bit of camber on the front. I love the 4/6 drop on 26s though.

The camber didn’t change enough to notice. Even with the billet spacer when the wheel goes up it has to have room to go. With perfect/near perfect camber it would tear off the outside of the fender.

So I left some negative camber in it, rolled the inner fender and called it a day. $500 set of Lexani tires every 2 years is a smal price to pay for that look

OP
OP
superstarsteveo

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet stance but yes those 26s are like stuffing 10lbs in a 5lb sack. At least you had the means in the shop and skills to make it happen. Not a novice install at all. Post up some more shots from the quarters. Good choice on the machined snowflakes.

I hate chrome wheels bc the first time you have to put tires on, the cheap China chrome peels right off... black wheels are cool, but I was going for a pretty stock look.

I wanted someone to see it and kind of go wtf they made Yukon’s like that? Lol..

59C65F57-AC91-4F38-9BD2-72E025133DC0.jpeg 86F0B4DE-E928-4253-91C6-89946268C4C1.jpeg BA13ADDE-AC54-463A-97F3-E7AB3EB8C68D.jpeg D026F0AD-30DA-460D-B26E-FB39AFE38391.jpeg