2007 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cabezon13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look I’m new to this iam no mechanic or anything just a good field worker trying to make a living for me and my family I bought this Tahoe last year for my family with the taxes and didn’t last me anything broke down like in the first 4months and I don’t drive crazy or try and pass anyone that’s why if I have something to do or an appointment I go early , started with the traction control and stabilitrak so I took it to a shop was there for 2months they said it was the lifters so they put new lifters and it was worse then when I took it in , so I went to another mechanic and I told him how much to put another motor and he said it’s not the motor it’s the lifters so I ordered another set and it was better for like 30 min and again so I went thru 4pairs of lifters and it wasn’t drivable after , so I pulled it home I seen it had sum loose wires so I plugged them in and it worked it was drivable but I would unplugged like 3 sensors and it still w stayed on so it must be an electric problem it’s took all my money and made me pull all my hair out don’t know what to do I bought it for 7000 and with what I put in it should be worth 15000now but don’t run

OP
OP
Cabezon13

Cabezon13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look I’m new to this iam no mechanic or anything just a good field worker trying to make a living for me and my family I bought this Tahoe last year for my family with the taxes and didn’t last me anything broke down like in the first 4months and I don’t drive crazy or try and pass anyone that’s why if I have something to do or an appointment I go early , started with the traction control and stabilitrak so I took it to a shop was there for 2months they said it was the lifters so they put new lifters and it was worse then when I took it in , so I went to another mechanic and I told him how much to put another motor and he said it’s not the motor it’s the lifters so I ordered another set and it was better for like 30 min and again so I went thru 4pairs of lifters and it wasn’t drivable after , so I pulled it home I seen it had sum loose wires so I plugged them in and it worked it was drivable but I would unplugged like 3 sensors and it still w stayed on so it must be an electric problem it’s took all my money and made me pull all my hair out don’t know what to do I bought it for 7000 and with what I put in it should be worth 15000now but don’t run
2007 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 LS

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry you’re having such rotten luck with mechanics. You can post a video here of the sounds it’s making by uploading from your phone to YouTube and linking it back here.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have Traction control and Stabilitrack issues and they changed the lifters, you got a sh***y Mechanic. I do not know how either of those would relate to an engine issue. Granted the Displacement on Demand is sketchy, and it will get you a a misfire, but that is an altogether different issue.
If you are having Lifter issues, the DOD might be malfunctioning or they are really not fixing the issue. There is a known issue with the lifters collapsing, you can figure it out if that is your problem by removing the ignition coils and valve covers, use the starter to turn over the car and watch the lifters, if you have one that does not move, that is your collapsed lifter.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have Traction control and Stabilitrack issues and they changed the lifters, you got a sh***y Mechanic. I do not know how either of those would relate to an engine issue. Granted the Displacement on Demand is sketchy, and it will get you a a misfire, but that is an altogether different issue.
If you are having Lifter issues, the DOD might be malfunctioning or they are really not fixing the issue. There is a known issue with the lifters collapsing, you can figure it out if that is your problem by removing the ignition coils and valve covers, use the starter to turn over the car and watch the lifters, if you have one that does not move, that is your collapsed lifter.
Engine codes can and often will cause the traction control and Stabilitrak to be disabled. The engine needs to be running properly for the TC/Stab system to be able to rely on its performance, hence the link. I was experiencing TC/Stab messages coincident with the check engine light coming on while driving on the highway occasionally. The Tech 2 confirmed the codes for high fuel pressure, signaling that the pressure regulator in the fuel pump was wearing out. A new pump solved the problem - no more TC/Stab messages after that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did these mechanics replace the lifter trays or the VLOM? Do you have a code reader of some kind?

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine codes can and often will cause the traction control and Stabilitrak to be disabled. The engine needs to be running properly for the TC/Stab system to be able to rely on its performance, hence the link. I was experiencing TC/Stab messages coincident with the check engine light coming on while driving on the highway occasionally. The Tech 2 confirmed the codes for high fuel pressure, signaling that the pressure regulator in the fuel pump was wearing out. A new pump solved the problem - no more TC/Stab messages after that.
I do know that if you simply unplug a fuel injector the car will not shift correctly, at least that was the case with my 2006 Rainier V8 with the DOD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz