2007 Chevy Tahoe Evap system fix questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LegoSharks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Back here yet again with questions in regard to the EVAP system this time in regards to what needs to be even done at this point as im still getting the refueling click issue despite having replaced both the purge valve solenoid in the engine bay as well as replacing the charcoal canister (which needed to be replaced anyways as it turned out). From what ive seen elsewhere pretty much the only other thing that could be causing this issue at this point is that because the charcoal canister went bad and the filter degraded the charcoal from the canister leaked out into the evap system line and that it needs to be purged to fix it. Other than that I've seen nothing else in regard to what could be causing the issue. So if there is something else causing it some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Arlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your evap lines are likely clogged with charcoal. If you catch it early, you might be able to blow them out with an air compressor. When it happened to mine, I was too late. Charcoal went through every single evap line. There's an unserviceable vent line inside the gas tank that got clogged too. So, I had to replace the gas tank, all evap lines, fuel pump, and fuel pump relay. It was a nightmare. If the charcoal has gotten down into your gas tank then it's going into your evap lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar