2007 4WD for 12k Buy or not? 115K LT1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Ehh I wouldn't. That one's pretty rough around the edges. 'Specially for the price. And IMO the GMT900s don't really hold up well in general. Lot of attempts at new/updated tech in those vehicle that didn't pan out to be reliable. Friend of mine works at a dealer and they get the GMT900s pretty often for trade ins. Most of them end up being wholesaled to auction cause they're too much of a shit can to sell on the plot.

Lets not forget chevy declared bankruptcy in '09. This would come from the years leading up to it. Makes me wonder if they cheaped out a bit on these things trying to lower production costs in the years leading up. Would explain why they seem to be a bit of a bear to keep running

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only factor of real concern is that it has three owners already. This suggests that people acquire it and then dump it in fairly short order.

Move on to the next or take your chances.
I have not found anything else with in budget with the options I wanted unless it has 150,000 miles or more

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not found anything else with in budget with the options I wanted unless it has 150,000 miles or more

Brent, look far and wide. Many of us traveled out of state, some a thousand or more miles to find the perfect vehicle at the right price. If you know the Lord, pray on it and he'll give you the desires of your heart.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has sat on the lot for 2 years also might be a reason why, like James said look a little farther out maybe, I flew to mine and drove it home 7 hours. I wouldn't cave just because it's close by, I am in Californa I was looking as far away as Texas but picked mine up in Vegas, transportation services are sometimes fairly reasonable if its not too far away.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my theory when shopping for one of these too was if that 2007 is 15k then there's going to be a 09 OR a 10 for roughly the same ball park, maybe a little more mileage yes but if taken care of these will go a long time. there out there just got to find it.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has sat on the lot for 2 years also might be a reason why, like James said look a little farther out maybe, I flew to mine and drove it home 7 hours. I wouldn't cave just because it's close by, I am in Californa I was looking as far away as Texas but picked mine up in Vegas, transportation services are sometimes fairly reasonable if its not too far away.
Good spot on sitting on the lot for two year

I did not even see that

it's hard to go very far since i'm getting it as a gift from my parents so they were going to go and buy it right out. hence the budget (Id prefer to get one less so i can get more accessories Like new batteries for dual setup , new tires , new headlights and bulbs etc..) so if i only spend say 11k(+1100 tax) i can get 2900 in accessories..

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring for one with a six speed. I wouldnt waste any time paying that kinda money for anything that has has an ancient 4l60 unless it was a muscle car

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good spot on sitting on the lot for two year

I did not even see that

it's hard to go very far since i'm getting it as a gift from my parents so they were going to go and buy it right out. hence the budget (Id prefer to get one less so i can get more accessories Like new batteries for dual setup , new tires , new headlights and bulbs etc..) so if i only spend say 11k(+1100 tax) i can get 2900 in accessories..

I did a search through AutoTrader last night and saw '07s in better condition for $7-9K. Now as for sitting around 2 years, it's possible that AFM went kaput and they rebuilt it. So then you'd have all the newest components and a reliable engine. This happened to mine.

If you really like it and the drivetrain checks out and all the bells and whistles work to your satisfaction, get it. Budget in a Tech2, about $350, absolutely essential tool to work on these and will pay for itself in short order.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm going to low ball them at 9k see if they take it i'll besure to point out that it's been sitting for 2 years

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went down to day and the white tahoe was garbage

Not even Dealership Quality Vehicle..

it had been in a undisclosed accident ..

that was the falut

to the front driver bumper the upper support pins had gotten ripped off and shotty paint job (thin and thick spots) some over spray paint got on the fog light and was all ready chipping off

there is a BIG scrape the size of a extra large egg plant still on the bumper to the left of the driver side fog lamp and the crappy fly by night shop just painted over it, replaced the foam (seemed new)and the
left passenger side of the bumper was not sitting flush with the fender.. that is what led me to doing further inspection of the front bumper area.

the front driver side appeared to have ever so slightly bent suspension.. about by 1/8th of an inch the tires have uneven wear (wearing out more on one side of the tire then the other) this is 4x4 So the tires have to have even wear other wise the transfer case gets damaged overtime

they were heavily in denial about the accident. they said "we go by the car fax report"

after the physical inspection was done there is undeniable proof on the bumper it self..

The manager knew I caught him and the issues with the SUV he claimed to had done the inspection him self but it's pretty clear he does not know how to "inspect a vehicle properly". other wise it would not be on the lot..

one of the oil cooler lines appeared to be leaking slow as it was wet with oil

there as about 15 issues total. total estimated repair costs was $5-6,000 for correct repairs

1. front Bumper needed replacement
  2. fog lights (had paint on them)
  3. Weather seals were torn on all 4 doors
  4. missing screws on the rear bumper
  5. missing two parts on the rear driver side door (two small parts) looks like the door panel was opened and forgot to put the parts back
  6. 4x Tires were low on tread major uneven wear
  7. the driver side mirror housing as cracked ( premium trim with signal/fold/heated)
  8. oil cooler line might have been leaking (wet with oil)
  9. missing 3rd row
  10. suspension slightly bent? (also seen excessive tire wear to the outside tread of the tires) esp on the front driver side.
  11. might have been a issue with the hood latch(IS IT normal to push the hood down ever so slightly to release it?)
  12. tampered with wires under the driverside foot well two disconnected wires with electrical tape on them , looks to have a aftermarket jumper wire installed.
  1. possible issue with the latch on the front passenger side door something was rattling but sound fine when closing slow
  2. razor cut on the rug
  3. i got a headache from the gross scent they used in the car.. :(

they would not even budge on the price despite the many many issues with it,. So they can keep it on the lot for another few years

there was some possible electrical issues as well (the wires under the driverside foot well were tampered with as a few wires had 99 cent store electrical tape on them and were not connected to anything

I guess they did not count on me knowing a lot about cars this is not my first car buying I have gotten many cars before. my grandpa taught me alot about cars.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989