2006 Yukon Denali Awd Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm just going to get this out in the open. I want to squat my 2006 yukon denali AWD. I don't want to hear all the comments saying "Why The **** would you ruin a perfectly good vehicle like that" because I hear it enough and to be honest that is why I want to do it. To be different than everyone else and make people mad. I just want to know if it is going to hurt the differentials at all. I'm not planning on anything crazy. Just like a 3-4 inch lift in the front and stock height in the back so I can fit 35's and not be extremely tall. Thanks in advance to the people who will actually answer my question!!!

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I didn’t even realize people did this to SUVs until now. Are you going to bag the front to have a bit of play in the height or go static?

Here’s a good article of driveshaft angle and the such:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/a/buyers-guide-reviews-lift-kit-how-to-pinions-u-joints

I once lifted a Jeep and didn’t correct the driveshaft angle and wouldn’t you know...busted u-joint about a year later.

Shouldn’t hurt the diffs at all to squat it. Just pay attention to the angles or you’ll be stranded on the road with your driveshaft hanging down in the future.

Interesting tidbit: After some research I found that squatting trucks came from Baja racing where the trucks are squatted in order to land the high speed jumps without losing control.

Go for it man!
Note: Not my truck.
B20FC9A8-2751-4B09-AD3A-E3F007D6CC4B.jpeg

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just don’t run over any kiddos ‘cause you can’t see them. And remember you won’t be able to brake as well. Also gotta remember to only fill your coffee mug half full. ;)

OP
OP

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t even realize people did this to SUVs until now. Are you going to bag the front to have a bit of play in the height or go static?

https://www.4wheelparts.com/a/buyers-guide-reviews-lift-kit-how-to-pinions-u-joints

I once lifted a Jeep and didn’t correct the driveshaft angle and wouldn’t you know...busted u-joint about a year later.

Shouldn’t hurt the diffs at all to squat it. Just pay attention to the angles or you’ll be stranded on the road with your driveshaft hanging down in the future.

Interesting tidbit: After some research I found that squatting trucks came from Baja racing where the trucks are squatted in order to land the high speed jumps without losing control.

Go for it man!
View attachment 262737
Thank You so much for your insight!!! I'll be sure to look into it.

OP
OP

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Go for it man!
View attachment 262737
And I'm just a college student so I don't have enough money for bags, So i'm just going static

Ordo 87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well my thing is I don't really like lift kits. I'm more of a stock height kind of guy but can't fit 35s on stock height.

Sorry but you won't fit 35" tires on a stock 06 Yukon Denali (I have the same year/model). The only way to fit 35" tires is to install a 6" lift and new front driveline. Even with a 3" leveling kit that includes an upgraded torsion key and lift blocks, you still won't fit 35's.