2006 Tahoe Suspension Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mike Karapetian

Mike Karapetian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got the bilstein springs for the rears and my front jounce stops. Holy crap the springs are super stiff. I only guessed before getting them they would have to be linear springs and not progressive to be able to run them with aftermarket shocks so it doesnt cause wobble at the back end and seems that i maybe right. Hopefully it will ride better with the novimats gone and bilstein shocks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry i should have stated its the front. I've raised the ride height as far as i can. I have a spindle lowering kit. Car does ride better in the front after raising it up. I did this thinking im gonnna re install my bilstien 4600's in the rear with the correct springs stated at the top of this post. The rear will go back to stock height hoping lifting the front will not sit too low after doing the rear swap to bilstien shocks and the correct springs the stiffer ones also from bilstien to keep it from wobbling. I think and hope once i replace the front jounce stops maybe i think stock ones with the stock height here is a pic i measured and doing the rear bilstien 4600's with the correct spring will finally give it a decent ride. I did one measurement at the top of the cup and the other at the bottom edge of that cup were the jounce stop sits.

Not picking, just an observation, but those front sway bar links appear to be way over-tightened.

OP
OP
Mike Karapetian

Mike Karapetian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not picking, just an observation, but those front sway bar links appear to be way over-tightened.

Thank you for letting me know i will have the guy look at it today. Im doing the shock install with the springs that was recommended today. Just crossing my fingers these springs are not too stiff and go from there.

OP
OP
Mike Karapetian

Mike Karapetian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Want to Thank FLESS for all your help, much appreciate it. Done installing the Jounce Stops, Bilstein Rear Spring 199021 and Bilsteins B6 4600 Shocks. WOW the car rides awesome, even though I never drove a stock spring with Novimat shocks. I can tell you its gotta ride better then stock. The dampening were it does bounce around like lots of stock suspensions and recovers quick from a dip or bump at the same time glide over smooth bumps and harsh bumps it will smooth them out like its a thump instead of a clank if you can even describe suspension that way. Also zero wobble I took it up to speed and hit some weird bumps on the freeway and it had zero wobble very nice composer. I should have just gone this route from the get go. Thank you for the advice and patience with my troubles. I also adjusted the front links and loosened them up a bit.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome! I've had my Hoe for a little over 5 years; I've learned a lot since joining and am happy to pass along worthwhile information. TYF is a great community!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660