2006 Headlight bulb low beam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon06

Reaction score
2006 Headlight bulb low beamHeadlight went out, passenger side, larger part on outside which is low beams.
I forgot that i had LED in there, i bought truck like that, not that it matters i dont want to spend a lot.
I looked up online and everywhere it says 9005. Ordered from amazon and tried to plug in but the grooves dont math, it wont slide into socket.

Did I order the correct one?
Pics attached.

Side note - can anyone identify the LED one in the pictures?
Thanks fellas

d.jpga.jpgb.jpgc.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's like my '04 that's a high beam bulb. Need a 9006 for the low, probably.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Right on RA it says Low Beam is 9006 and High Beam is 9005. There are numerous LED low and high beam bulbs at Amazon. Easy to match up.

Last edited:

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good on you for removing the LEDs. Blinding as I'll get out; it's a real safety issue for folks with light sensitivities and night time driving issues.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good on you for removing the LEDs. Blinding as I'll get out; it's a real safety issue for folks with light sensitivities and night time driving issues.
How can you tell if your setup is bad for others? My truck came to me with LEDs (High and low beams). I also have an aftermarket housing. I do not know its brand, however.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you tell if your setup is bad for others? My truck came to me with LEDs (High and low beams). I also have an aftermarket housing. I do not know its brand, however.
Does it have projectors or traditional reflectors? If it's projectors, that's a good sign. If it's a traditional reflector design that's a no go.

If you've got projectors, it's still important to make sure they are aimed correctly. I've also seen (and had) low quality projectors that are not a whole lot better than reflectors, but that's really difficult to tell by looking at the cutoff at the top of the beam.

The teir list is essentially, reflectors are no go - low quality projectors are sub optimal - high quality projectors are fine as long as they're properly aimed. If improperly aimed, it doesn't matter what you've got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn