2006 GMC Yukon XL living in the rust belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rust out panels . I need ones for behind back wheels and rocker panels both sides . Is there place to buy good ones ? I will paint them with factory color paint .. I can make the back panels ones o. The inside if there rusted I can Fab them ..

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

JJ93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have seen them on eBay and LMC, they aren't priced too badly. It is something I am considering doing as well.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen them on eBay and LMC, they aren't priced too badly. It is something I am considering doing as well.
Back in 80s I replaced quarter panels on 1971 Chevelle ..after buying them I realized there is quality control issues with some rust out panels that's why I was asking . So keep the stock shape..

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in 80s I replaced quarter panels on 1971 Chevelle ..after buying them I realized there is quality control issues with some rust out panels that's why I was asking . So keep the stock shape..

When I lived in SoCal... I was around all the custom builders.....,Pete & Jake’s Hot Rods, Ed Roth, Foose, Boyd, etc..
What I was told: After market classic body panels were just a hair off the correct size ( My friend found this out restoring a 1967 El Camino..... The replacement panels were off slightly due to copyright laws.
He had to "massage" the panels to fit good at the edges. ( He bought about 3 different manufacturers, and all were off a bit....... Not much, but you would notice at the seams if not corrected.

This may not be the case anymore.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I lived in SoCal... I was around all the custom builders.....,Pete & Jake’s Hot Rods, Ed Roth, Foose, Boyd, etc..
What I was told: After market classic body panels were just a hair off the correct size ( My friend found this out restoring a 1967 El Camino..... The replacement panels were off slightly due to copyright laws.
He had to "massage" the panels to fit good at the edges. ( He bought about 3 different manufacturers, and all were off a bit....... Not much, but you would notice at the seams if not corrected.

This may not be the case anymore.....
With my Yukon XL It needs both rocker panels and behind back wheels panel . I'm going to try just ordering the spray can factory number paint .. because living in Minnesota they will rust again . And again . [emoji849] Our winter's are ******* stuff . But if I can get panels to fit perfect I might do a pro paint job on them ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimcauble

Latest posts