2005 yukon xl denali 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Y

Yukonxljake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The shop did yes, it loses pressure and then comes up after cranking for 3 seconds or so. I'm on fuel pump number 4

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bypassing fuel pressure regulator.. But I thought they did away with those in the 2005 model year..

When you say you replaced the fuel pump. Did you replace the entire assembly, or just the fuel pump?

OP
OP
Y

Yukonxljake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The shop did it, I'm assuming the whole assembly. The 2005 doesn't have a fuel pressure regulator as I've found out. Could a missing cap on the fuel pressure valve up on the rail cause pressure loss ?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldnt, and if it did, you would be spraying fuel.

I am finding conflicting statements about the FPR. Some say the 2005 6.0 did have it, and others say it doesnt.

Autozone does list a FPR for the 2005 Denali
Advance does not

I have seen where people have replaced the fuel pump only, and there is a crack in the plumbing inbetween the fuel pump, and the assembly, causing your exact issues.

Would need to find out if they replaced just the fuel pump, or the fuel pump assembly.

OP
OP
Y

Yukonxljake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I watched that video and he's saying it's on the fuel pump itself, I don't think this year physically had one

OP
OP
Y

Yukonxljake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did, it is not. That's what I am so confused on how it's losing pressure with no FPR and a new fuel pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar