2005 Denali 6.0 p/s pmp to hydroboost replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnBry1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member here, Wondering if anyone has a Reasonable method of replacing the holes there goes from the power steering pump to the hydro boost, Of course the Fitting on the hydro boost is easy because it's right out there in the open... Anyone have a decent way of getting at the sitting on the pump? Thank you!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auto correct is a ***** aint it? my god man, proof read.

if im reading between the lines here, you mean change the hoses? you pretty much use a line wrench if a normal wrench wont fit or stay on. not a real hard job.

you will need to bleed the hydro boost after the hose swap and filling of the pump with new fluid.

jack both front tires off the ground, pump the brakes engine on 20 times, then turn the engine off but key to run still and turn the wheels lock to lock 15 times.

OP
OP
M

MnBry1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry about The typo's... Sometimes The words will change The second I am hitting send.
I guess what I'm really looking for is if someone has an easy way of getting at the fitting on the back of the pump.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you cant get a open end wrench on it, you'll have to take it off. thats also not a horrible job, 3 bolts iirc and its in your hands.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
auto correct is a ***** aint it? my god man, proof read.

if im reading between the lines here, you mean change the hoses? you pretty much use a line wrench if a normal wrench wont fit or stay on. not a real hard job.

you will need to bleed the hydro boost after the hose swap and filling of the pump with new fluid.

jack both front tires off the ground, pump the brakes engine on 20 times, then turn the engine off but key to run still and turn the wheels lock to lock 15 times.
And to bleed the hydroboost accumulator, pump brakes with car off, run for 20 sec, turn off, repeat 15-20 times

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14