2005-2006 Escalade and Denali Rear Window Pull Handle broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this needs to be a write up, or something else. Very Few trucks seem to have this. Out of the 4 open yards here in Denver, only 1 had 1 of the trucks with that handle, and someone had already broke it.

I have not verified, but it seems the frameless design was only used in 2005-06, Denali and Esky. In my search's, they are the only ones that have it.

I know someone else had mentioned that they were also missing the rear window pull handle on their frameless rear window.

They had mentioned that they couldn't find the handle, and neither could I.... UNTIL TODAY!

So if you have a NBS with the frameless rear window, and the rear window pull handle is missing.. I have found a solution that is cheap, possibly even free (mine was).

Go to your local salvage yard. I pulled a handle from a 2008 GMC Envoy, pic below, I am not sure if other years, and possibly models will interchange. You only want the handle and the plastic insulator just under the handle, you will use the rest of the hardware from your truck (including the nuts).

Other than getting the part, its exactly plug and play.. Bolt holes line up.

Donor
1232-22415-17380129.jpeg

Installed
Cad Handle.jpg

The donor truck I got the part from had 2 10mm nuts holding it on. The nuts on my Esky were 5/8. But were the same thread and pitch, but had a crowned, and chromed, nut head.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63