2004 Yukon Transmission Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amacalister

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there,

The trans is staying in 2nd gear higher in the rpm range than normal. I can run it on up to 5K and it won't shift to 3rd until I let off the gas and rpm's drop, then it shifts to 3rd. Everything else is fine, it's just 2nd to 3rd. Fluid level is fine and it doesn't smell burnt. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

musicman

Reaction score
When was the last time you replaced the transmission filter and fluid? If you don't know, start there.

Beyond that, I think it sounds a bit like a seal is wearing. I've put "transmission treatments" in mine before and had some luck, but I can't recall what they were.

OP
OP
A

amacalister

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not really sure when it was last chaged however, i was just out in it and now it will not go into 3rd gear at all. Had to manually shift into 2nd gear and limp it slowly home. I have read that it maybe a shift solenoid, anyone know if this is possible?

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
I think you can pull codes from the trans, not sure though. Id take it to a trans shop, or at least pick their brains first, but definitely change the fluids and filter first, then go from there. My trans took a poop this spring, but the symptoms were nothing like that.

Good luck!

Nato

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but.. I'm wondering what the resolution to your problem was. I have the exact same symptom.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59