2004 Tahoe z71 value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the value of these trucks differ from state to state and it’s hard to say what their worth and I’ve heard it’s worth what someone is willing to pay. I’ve noticed these have dropped in value dramatically over the past few years.

I’m parting with my truck, I really do love this truck but I just upgraded to a newer model vehicle. This is my listing,

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/d/detroit-2004-chevrolet-tahoe-z71/7071166464.html

Am I out of line for asking this much? Lol I was going to start at 9,000.

I sold a similar model 4 years ago, same color, that one had a dual flow master exhaust and brand new hankook dynapro at 275/55r20 in new replica LTZ wheels. I sold that one for 9,000 flat and it had 180k miles as well.

I personally don’t believe in blue book because it doesn’t factor in things like aftermarket wheels and audio and a rebuilt engine or trans. I just had the trans rebuilt which cost 2 grand. I recently sold my mercury marauder for maybe 4 grand above blue book. That might be a different situation with the car it is. Idk

I do understand we’ll never get back what we put into a car also but would like opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Anyone who has seen my recent negotiations about a 2001 Tahoe Z71 and a 2007 Tahoe know that I am cheap. While this rig is likely worth what you are asking, I am always looking for the DEAL. Here in Eugene, Oregon, that rig would likely bring right at what you are asking but if you negotiated with me I would make you mad and never go above $5500.00. It is what it is worth to me that counts and how bad I would want it. I came real close to buying both of the ones I am talking about here at my price but in the end they sold for more than I was willing to pay, but then again, I am always willing to shake hands and walk away. Good luck selling it. ;)

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an 8-9k rig in my part of town

I really thought so, had a couple people ask if my price was right when I listed it for 8k. As if I was too high and out my mind but I think their use to the 2,500-6,000 tahoes being listed here and they are freaking turds, rust buckets. That’s why I specifically listed that in my ad that this is not the typical Michigan Tahoe

I raised my ad back up 200.00 [emoji6] just as a starting point but I will negotiate

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I really thought so, had a couple people ask if my price was right when I listed it for 8k. As if I was too high and out my mind but I think their use to the 2,500-6,000 tahoes being listed here and they are freaking turds, rust buckets. That’s why I specifically listed that in my ad that this is not the typical Michigan Tahoe

I raised my ad back up 200.00 [emoji6] just as a starting point but I will negotiate

You can always negotiate going down in price, you can't go up. Imo that vehicle in my neck of the woods is anywhere from $4500-$6500--again, just my opinion. Gotta pay extra for a nice vehicle tho. Can you supply a maintenance history on it? Don't remember if you said that.

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always negotiate going down in price, you can't go up. Imo that vehicle in my neck of the woods is anywhere from $4500-$6500--again, just my opinion. Gotta pay extra for a nice vehicle tho. Can you supply a maintenance history on it? Don't remember if you said that.

lol that is true. Re edit the CL ad again lmao. If I want to move it can’t go too high. It is tax season though [emoji6] and someone will be getting a good truck

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side

yeah it's pretty hugely area dependent. Outside of the rust belt, these rigs really hold their value well.

In the salt belt? Hell, nothing does. You're pricing based on corrosion

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it's pretty hugely area dependent. Outside of the rust belt, these rigs really hold their value well.

In the salt belt? Hell, nothing does. You're pricing based on corrosion

That is true, I see these listed still for over 10k in California and similar places. I actually bought my last one from California years ago and had it shipped over

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. This is about what I’d say around here (Colorado).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons