2004 Tahoe ex-police truck with "Stealth System" that needs to be turned off. HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbird90650

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just picked up a 2004 Tahoe from a Probation Dept near me. It's NOT a PPV but has had a "Stealth System" installed somehow that I'd like to remove. The tail lights do not work at all and I obviously need them to work. Does anyone know what the "Stealth System" is and how to remove it? Is it a simple BCM programming thing that can be reprogrammed back to stock? Here's a pic of the Dealer add on for the Stealth System. 0503221807.jpgThanks so much.

0505221130b.jpg

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! Looks like it is in great shape.

Bulbs and fuse for tail lights confirmed good?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your tail lights may be having issues due to a severed cable going to them. This happened to us in our 2005 Suburban 2500. So you might want to trace some cables.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just picked up a 2004 Tahoe from a Probation Dept near me. It's NOT a PPV but has had a "Stealth System" installed somehow that I'd like to remove. The tail lights do not work at all and I obviously need them to work. Does anyone know what the "Stealth System" is and how to remove it? Is it a simple BCM programming thing that can be reprogrammed back to stock? Here's a pic of the Dealer add on for the Stealth System. View attachment 370144Thanks so much.

View attachment 370143
that would not make your tail lights not work unless there was a separate special switch installed to turn off the brake lights, probably a wiring issue as already mentioned if not a bulb/s or fuse.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would not make your tail lights not work unless there was a separate special switch installed to turn off the brake lights, probably a wiring issue as already mentioned if not a bulb/s or fuse.
Agreed on the bulb check, also look around for another switch. In the early 2000s our local pd had switches on the dash labelled "blackout" that would kill the headlights, taillights, running lights, and brake lights when flipped. Presumably so they could drive around at night and follow people without flashing the brake lights when stopping. Only know that because i was friends with 2 of the officers and one got rearended during the day because the switch was flipped and he stopped for a kid running into the road. No brake lights and the guy behind him popped him. So yeah long story short, look for other "kill" switches