2004 GMC Yukon flex fuel edition issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In your video, your short term trim is switching and that is good. At about the 4:15 mark of your video you can see long term fuel trim is not switching. As low as those numbers appear to be, I would say running way rich and need to find out why. Even in the first video link I sent you, his long term readings were stuck at 12.5 and while that is higher and closer to 14.6 to 1 ratio, called stoichiometric, it is not switching and shows what appears to be a likely vacuum leak but is a small one.

I think I read your steady long term fuel trim at 1.6 and not switching and to me, that indicates a large vacuum leak or something else causing that reading. When I was running shops we wanted to see O2 sensor activity and switching within proper parameters. Been a long time since I dug this deep in a diagnostic problem like this. Others here will have newer fresher info hopefully for you.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw 22% for the short term fuel trim at one point. That is way high. Look for a vacuum leak. Booster hose or even spray carb cleaner around where the intake meets the heads

OP
OP
B

bmpalevich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced all the gaskets on it tonight every single one but the head gaskets. I have to put the fuel rail back on it and button up some stuff then I am done hopefully that fixes the issues both banks were showing 20 to 25 on short and my long trims were acting funky as well so fingers crossed this fixes my yukon ☺

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Long term fuel trims are essentially historical averages of short term fuel trims. They'll change slower than STFTs and will reflect what the STFTs have been doing over time.

OP
OP
B

bmpalevich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sure did shoot 1 pic and a video I wish this thing let me upload videos. Anyway I am getting 80 miles per quarter of a tank now so yes it's fixed I got 180 miles and I'm above half a tank received_538541473848923.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts