2004 GMC Yukon flex fuel edition issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets say you are actually only getting 150 miles per full tank for sake of argument. Theres only 2 places the gas is going. Into the engine or out on the ground. You need to inspect for leaks but a leak that bad I would suspect you could smell it pretty badly. Disconnect the battery for 5mins which will force a clear and recal of engine parameters related to fuel injection system. Have a look at your ignition advance values while engine running at idle, 1200rpm, 1700rpm.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things to check. Coolant temp sensor like already stated. And the flex fuel ethanol content sensor which adjusts the fuel and spark for e85. If it is reading false percentages of ethanol it will be dumping fuel. Also it will crank up timing for the slower burnrate of e85, so running too long on 87 octane with a tune for 106 can kill pistons. You need to get a scan tool capable of reading the alcohol sensor on your rig ASAP, or if that sensor is bad you can kill the pistons.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can also download to you tube and then post to here. I have only done that 1 time about 2 years ago. Forgot how but others will help.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am having a hard time reading the numbers and I know you are trying to give us info but perhaps a little digging is in order. This first video shows short term fuel trim good/switching. The long term fuel trim is rock steady and not switching. The numbers point to a rich condition caused by maybe a detected vacuum leak and the system is running rich to try and offset the problem: Running rich at all times trying to compensate for a perceived lean condition may be exactly what is going on with you, I will try to look at your video again:

More explanations:

More:

This is about no codes and no CEL fuel trim diagnosis: