2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flip it upside-down and hit the whole curved area with a heat gun with more emphasis towards the center. Blow gun from a distance to cool it and lock it into place, test and repeat as necessary. Just if it bothers you and when you have nothing better to do. lol

But it's a shame that the chrome trim at the top of the cluster is hidden. :p

Maybe one day, first gotta get the trans temp wired up. The chrome trim looks amazing at night but during the day it's not my fav. I know Rocketman loves the chrome lol.

I'm beyond pumped how this thing looks at night! It also has business and personal trip meters instead of A-B which is just extra fancy.

Attachments

• 20210918_201817.jpg
    20210918_201817.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe one day, first gotta get the trans temp wired up. The chrome trim looks amazing at night but during the day it's not my fav. I know @rocket loves the chrome lol.

I'm beyond pumped how this thing looks at night! It also has business and personal trip meters instead of A-B which is just extra fancy.
In the 00-02 there’s very little in the way of custom cluster faces and bezels. 03-06, different story. So believe it or not, I bought an Escalade cluster. It sat on my kitchen table for a few days but I just couldn’t do it, that chrome over there reflecting off my kitchen lights as I’m eating, driving me slowly cray cray. I sent it back and just upgraded the lights to blue LED in my Denali cluster myself. :emotions33:

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 00-02 there’s very little in the way of custom cluster faces and bezels. 03-06, different story. So believe it or not, I bought an Escalade cluster. It sat on my kitchen table for a few days but I just couldn’t do it, that chrome over there reflecting off my kitchen lights as I’m eating, driving me slowly cray cray. I sent it back and just upgraded the lights to blue LED in my Denali cluster myself. :emotions33:

I totally feel you on that, the chrome is not my favorite in the day light. If this one wasnt already completed and at a good price I'd have passed on the chrome surrounds and needles. It does change 100% at night and the chrome is not so noticable just a little reflection from the LEDs but in a good way.

I'm not a big fan of colored clusters tho unless the entire interior is done and that a lot of work.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally feel you on that, the chrome is not my favorite in the day light. If this one wasnt already completed and at a good price I'd have passed on the chrome surrounds and needles. It does change 100% at night and the chrome is not so noticable just a little reflection from the LEDs but in a good way.

I'm not a big fan of colored clusters tho unless the entire interior is done and that a lot of work.
Yeah I have considered going back to white except they will be LED’s and you just reminded me. Luckily mine just plug in, no soldering. I don’t drive that much at night so I keep forgetting. My plan was to do the entire interior with blue LED’s but it’s an 02 and the circuits suck. All the write-ups are for the 03-06. I destroyed a couple hvac control panels and gave up.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have considered going back to white except they will be LED’s and you just reminded me. Luckily mine just plug in, no soldering. I don’t drive that much at night so I keep forgetting. My plan was to do the entire interior with blue LED’s but it’s an 02 and the circuits suck. All the write-ups are for the 03-06. I destroyed a couple hvac control panels and gave up.

Oh plug and play cluster bulbs is nice and easy. It sucks the pre 02 stuff isnt as easy I'd like to see what you would come up with.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to make a list of things to do to this because I've been so busy lately that when I do get free time I forget what I need to do.

1: Wire Trans temp sensor to the cluster.
-Need to find 4l60 harness
2: Get cruise control to work.
-Again need to find 4l60 harness
3: Put Eibach springs with airbags back in and replum them. Current Belltechs are too soft and even with a 1" spacer all the gear I tote around makes it almost look squatted.
-Airline and connectors ordered
4: Replace rear LCA Bushings
-Contacted Spohn about replacement bushings or at least measurements so I can order my own
5: Get upper rear brake light to work
-Recently replaced the entire unit with an LED one, not sure wtf its issue is
6: Figure out why interior door lights are intermittent
-Thought I had this resolved months ago but apparently not

Long term to-do's

7: Figure out WTF I want to do when the tires wear out, the Michelin's I was debating on are just gonna go for sale I think they will be much too small. Would like to come up with a lighter wheel/tire combo.

I think that's it for now, the list is luckily all little stuff and for the first time is a small enough amount to put it all in one post.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to make a list of things to do to this because I've been so busy lately that when I do get free time I forget what I need to do.

1: Wire Trans temp sensor to the cluster.
-Need to find 4l60 harness
2: Get cruise control to work.
-Again need to find 4l60 harness
3: Put Eibach springs with airbags back in and replum them. Current Belltechs are too soft and even with a 1" spacer all the gear I tote around makes it almost look squatted.
-Airline and connectors ordered
4: Replace rear LCA Bushings
-Contacted Spohn about replacement bushings or at least measurements so I can order my own
5: Get upper rear brake light to work
-Recently replaced the entire unit with an LED one, not sure wtf its issue is
6: Figure out why interior door lights are intermittent
-Thought I had this resolved months ago but apparently not

Long term to-do's

7: Figure out WTF I want to do when the tires wear out, the Michelin's I was debating on are just gonna go for sale I think they will be much too small. Would like to come up with a lighter wheel/tire combo.

I think that's it for now, the list is luckily all little stuff and for the first time is a small enough amount to put it all in one post.
Gravy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts