2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Yes, the OE radiator has the restriction in it. More info here:

Someone on the forum used a part from a TPMS sensor, I think it was, to make the restriction for an aftermarket radiator. @kbuskill maybe?

It was @kbuskill. He's also in Florida. IIRC, it was just the threaded tip of a standard tire stem with the Schrader valve core removed. It solved his over-cooling issue.

That’s pretty genius!

Here you go...

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pretty fart smellers on here!

Sucks about the cranking issue. Did you you replace the FPR on the intake? IIRC, there's one there.

I think that ended in 02 or 03 but I could be wrong, let me go look.

Here you go...

Sweet thank you! I will scrounge around and see if I have an old TPMS laying around.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radiator should be here today and the oil cooler lines already arrived, I might get started today since I get home early. I dug through my parts stash and didn't find an old TPMS sensor but then luck struck and I think I have a TPMS sensor going out because the service TPMS message has popped up randomly a few times this week and I know my tires are good because I overfilled them Saturday to 40-45. Also, the message is popping up after 10-15 minutes of driving when the tires should be warm and the pressures up. I'll wait until the radiator has been tested for a week or so before I get the TPMS sensor swapped so I can tell if I need a restrictor or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879