2003 Yukon issues - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ic455

ic455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a SWAG, when you have a hot start issue, floor the accelerator to put it in "clear flood" mode. This turns off the injectors. If it starts right up then there is probably a leaky injector or something else dumping fuel after turning off the engine.
No change if it's still hot. Looks like it has to cool for awhile before it will restart.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't you love working back there on those sensors? Glad you got it solved!

Not sure what brand sensor you put in, but it's usually best to bite the bullet and use OE for replacements. Buy once, cry once. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ic455

ic455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Not sure what brand sensor you put in, but it's usually best to bite the bullet and use OE for replacements. Buy once, cry once. :)
SKF, I think, yeah just a waste of 15 bucks. Thanks for all the input!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agreed on avoiding the bargain sensors.

I would not hesitate to put NTK Camshaft Sensor in, if you can't get OE GM sensor...

$36.79 before any discounts

NTK sensors are actually OE suppliers to many vehicle manufacturers and are generally extremely reliable.

They make great O2 sensors, cam sensors, crank sensors, ABS speed sensors.

I would not think twice about getting NTK for any of those sensors. I have had great experience with their products. I know they are high quality and reliable (never had issues after install). Price is a little better than GM original and available from places that are open longer hours and Sundays, when you can't wait until Monday morning.

The GM was listed as only $8 more and is probably the best option.

Just sayin'... NTK would be the way to go, in my opinion, if GM is not available for you at the time you need it.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOLVED! Swapped in cam sensor out of my 04 and starts every time. New SKP sensor from rockauto is garbage.
Shop put an off brand one in mine when they did the rear main. Ever since, i've been having weird start issues. I've also had a GM part and intake manifold gaskets ready to go in for a couple months now. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon if this heat lets up.

edward case

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are the long-term fuel trim values/numbers, and the short-term trims when it goes to closed loop? Is it adding fuel or subtracting?

I'd probably doubt a clogged cat if it has power above idle, maybe set that aside initially.
I had broken pieces of cat plug it on and off as they shifted causing sputtering at higher rom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter