2003 vinz Tahoe getting gas in oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanH80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I am hoping someone may have had this issue cause I am about to lose my mind. I had oil pressure issue for while now and found that gas is getting in my oil so I replaced oil pressure sensor, oil pump gears chain all that then put new fuel regulator in and new fuel pump. I tested all the injectors and they seem to be spraying fine. If anyone has had this problem before could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance Dan H

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With an OBD scanner check your fuel trims and post them up, short- and long-term for both banks.

A standard fuel pressure leakdown test might show when it happens, and to identify any leaky injectors.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May also be time to do a compression check to check for worn or damage piston rings. Fuel dilluting the oil aint good my friend. Its washing the cylinder walls dry, cam, crank and rod journals dry. Not to mention breaking down the oil itself. This could get really ugly.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 on compression check.

Fuel could be pushing past the rings or head gasket on compression stroke, so the gas has already slipped by during that stroke, leaving no gas in the cylinder by the time the plug fires off a spark. Nothing left to go boom at that point. Has for that cylinder is already heading to the crank case if not there already.

If compression is good, we'll have to look elsewhere. But the compression test is a great place to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons