2003 hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I finally bought my leveling kit. I got the 3 inch front and 2 inch rear spacers .
I was going to do it myself but a local shop said they would do it with an alinement for 350 bucks. So i went for it ..i got my truck back and everything looked good but the guy at the shop said he had to notch out the front upper control arm stop.. he said the upper control arm would hit it... did anyone else have to do any modification???? It doesn't change anything but it did bother me a little . take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think....I know i need bigger tires but these are fairly new.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 121
  • photo 2-1.jpg
    photo 2-1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 130
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 136

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that if any shop wants to be professional about something, they should call you before making changes that you did not discuss, even if it is free. Especially if it is something that is irreversible. I would have been livid if they did this to my truck…but then again, this is why I don’t trust anyone to work on mine.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I'd be pissed considering you can't replace that.

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have paid for the work only the alignment cause that's some crap to torch your truck like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen people doing the same when getting certain lift spindles (can't remember name) that said they'd work with stock control arms but would hit either way. I'm guessing that's why some kits come with new UC arms along with the knuckles..

06GMC5.3L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that picture is at ride height there is no way the UCA would have ever hit the droop stop unless you went into a pothole deep enough to completely sag the suspension. From the picture it looks like the bottom of the UCA is a good inch from where the top of the droop stop used to be which is more than enough room. I am about 1/4-3/8" away and never hit it and don't have it notched so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Wow! That's some hack job... I wouldn't have paid for that myself. They should've contacted you first to ask if you wanted to do it or not. Not very professional IMO...

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt you sign a consent for only saying they can do certain work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dimi3