2003 GMC Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon and just recently replaced a front passenger ABS Sensor. After doing so the abs light cleared but I noticed that everytime Im just about coming to a complete stop I feel slight pulsing in the brake pedal as if the abs is engaging. This happens every time when im about to stop doing about 5 miles per hour or less. Can anyone tell me what this could be and how to correct it. Thank you

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be the abs pump going bad. need to scan it to see if its got a code in history or now for it.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
It was it doing it before the ABS sensor wire was cut in half I don’t know if it has to do with anything but I did do rear brakes on the truck as well

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Disregard last message I typed it wrong the truck didn’t have this issue before I changed the sensor I did also install rear brakes on the truck as well but don’t know if that means anything or has anything to do with it please let me know A couple of solutions I can do to try and solve this issue thank you

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you feel the abs kicking in when it should not be, aka turning into a parking spot or coming to a stop sign. its the abs pump 99% of the time.

when your sensor was bad and the abs light was on, you had no abs working at all.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely ABS activating, but did you replace just the sensor or the hub assembly with sensor? And did you use AC Delco or parts store brand parts?

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I replace the hub assembly about 3 years ago and just recently replaced the sensor a few days ago. I actually bought the sensor online from ebay I believe a no name brand for about $12.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442