2002 Yukon XL splice pack 205 location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chilerancher

Reaction score
Where is it? Can't find it. It's not where the shop manual diagram says it is (page 8-319 of volume 4). It's not where the shop manual table of wiring systems says it is (page 8-164 of volume 4). It's not where posts on other forums says it is (e.g. "to the right of the DLC" (Data Link Connector) or "somewhere near the HVAC diverter motor"). To be fair, I've only removed the knee bolster trim to look; I've not removed the dash trim and the headlamp switch yet. I was expecting it to be fairly accessible and removing those seems more intrusive than I would have expected.

I'm getting the (very) intermittent "instrument panel gauges and warning lights go wacky" thing and sometimes when I connect my OBD tool the radio changes channel and the clock will reset. That splice pack is the first thing I want to take a look at because some posts talk about it having connectivity issues. The symptoms seem related to the the Class 2 Serial Data Circuit.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you have.

(Cross-posting the original post in Audio & Electronics because I haven't received any responses, yet. Maybe the wrong forum? https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2002-yukon-xl-splice-pack-205-location.136232/)

OP
OP
chilerancher

chilerancher

Reaction score
Interesting...my 92 Bronco had a cluster circuit board issue that affected the transmission performance. Leaking electrolytics corroded a few traces. Is this a similar issue?

So, any guidance on where splice pack 205 is for future reference?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...my 92 Bronco had a cluster circuit board issue that affected the transmission performance. Leaking electrolytics corroded a few traces. Is this a similar issue?

So, any guidance on where splice pack 205 is for future reference?
Gm and other Brands used silver solder on the circuit boards for our instrument clusters and moisture (humidity) and the rest of the crap that you may find in the air react with the silver solder causing corrosion to form. This corrosion grows and gets fluffy and can bridge circuit traces. This can cause a short or partial short or even an intermittent short to your serial data line which lead to false "commands" or polls to the serial data line. Kind of like a 3yr old walking up to your keyboard of your pc and start randomly striking keys only the serial data is always listening so no need to hit the "enter button" on a serial data. This will lead to random off the wall things happening. The ground for a serial data line can also produce the same problem because of a corroded connection. Have you tried the Autozone repair manual section for electrical. It shows the SP points and locations. Its free but it is Haynes manuals i believe. Its all online and free.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts