2002 Yukon XL splice pack 205 location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chilerancher

Reaction score
Where is it? Can't find it. It's not where the shop manual diagram says it is (page 8-319 of volume 4). It's not where the shop manual table of wiring systems says it is (page 8-164 of volume 4). It's not where posts on other forums says it is (e.g. "to the right of the DLC" (Data Link Connector) or "somewhere near the HVAC diverter motor"). To be fair, I've only removed the knee bolster trim to look; I've not removed the dash trim and the headlamp switch yet. I was expecting it to be fairly accessible and removing those seems more intrusive than I would have expected.

I'm getting the (very) intermittent "instrument panel gauges and warning lights go wacky" thing and sometimes when I connect my OBD tool the radio changes channel and the clock will reset. That splice pack is the first thing I want to take a look at because some posts talk about it having connectivity issues. The symptoms seem related to the the Class 2 Serial Data Circuit.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chilerancher

chilerancher

Reaction score
Here's a pic of what I see looking towards the front. I've crawled under by the pedals and looked all up behind and see more wiring but nothing that looks like the 12-wire splice shown on page 8-320.

Attachments

• Where is SP205.JPEG
    Where is SP205.JPEG
    245.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
chilerancher

chilerancher

Reaction score
Here's the drawing of what I'm looking for.

Attachments

• splice pack 205.JPEG
    splice pack 205.JPEG
    206.8 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins