2002 GMC Yukon 5.3, Want more power!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much would a supercharger be?, And would my truck still be reliable?.
Supercharger kits run $6-8K and yes, the motor can handle the power and reliability isn't really compromised. As Mudsport96 says, the transmission and rear axle will not last long with repeated full power runs before they are beefed up. We're only talking about taking the power from about 275 or whatever LM7s make and adding about 100-125 horsepower with the supercharger.

Lots of guys on here in your area, I'm north of Palm Beach County.

OP
OP
Jeremiah_Yukon02

Jeremiah_Yukon02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Supercharger kits run $6-8K and yes, the motor can handle the power and reliability isn't really compromised. As Mudsport96 says, the transmission and rear axle will not last long with repeated full power runs before they are beefed up. We're only talking about taking the power from about 275 or whatever LM7s make and adding about 100-125 horsepower with the supercharger.

Lots of guys on here in your area, I'm north of Palm Beach County.
Do you know any good transmission guys in WPB?, My P.O.S 4L60E is already hard shifting and slipping!, If you know anyone thats good at beefing up 4L60's please let me know.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but Randy probably does. @randeez

They guy I'm taking mine to is in Amarillo, Texas.

i dont play with 4l60s that much so no personal experience. theres a trans shop right around the corner from my buddys place that ive hung out with at track and raced with the builder. guy seems alright - Vics transmissions in lake park
but i think he just builds, youd have to pull it yourself and bring it to him

OP
OP
Jeremiah_Yukon02

Jeremiah_Yukon02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'd have to supercharge the truck to get to 400 horses. A tune is worth about 30-40 horses and is your biggest bang for the buck and the basis upon which all other mods build upon. The long tube headers add about 20 horses and the exhaust, not much if anything. Are those Florida skies?
Do you know any good tuners?

OP
OP
Jeremiah_Yukon02

Jeremiah_Yukon02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'd have to supercharge the truck to get to 400 horses. A tune is worth about 30-40 horses and is your biggest bang for the buck and the basis upon which all other mods build upon. The long tube headers add about 20 horses and the exhaust, not much if anything. Are those Florida skies?

You'd have to supercharge the truck to get to 400 horses. A tune is worth about 30-40 horses and is your biggest bang for the buck and the basis upon which all other mods build upon. The long tube headers add about 20 horses and the exhaust, not much if anything. Are those Florida skies

Also do you know anyone who tunes transmissions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN