2002 chevy tahoe low mileage. Rare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will take some time in a few to answer some of the questions. It currently is registered to me. I purchased it from a Mechanic about a year ago. Came with a clean title. But due to its age I had to hand over title to dmv. As for the engine compartment being dirty, I never have cleaned it. But I think I will to see how clean I can get it. It has been in connecticut its whole life. And the guy I bought it from stored it in his garage. And when I replace the bumper and driverside light there is no other damage. I will post pictures of under carriage with this post. I am no means a mechanic. But I have always done all the work on my cars myself. And this truck runs very strong, and the transmission is smooth and engine quiet. I will be putting it on a lift this week to put on some new brake pads. So I will have better pictures. Also for being a new England car, the amount of rust is much less than vehicles 10 years younger than this. And I will do a carfax today to check and make a decision if the miles are legit. But due to the condition of the car I don't see the mileage being didferent.

Attachments

• 20231125_120109.jpg
    20231125_120109.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231125_120058.jpg
    20231125_120058.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231125_120039.jpg
    20231125_120039.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mileage does not really matter around here on something that old. Nobody would trust the 52K as being accurate without undisputable proof.
Wrecked it is only worth the Engine $800, Transmission$150, TCase $150.
The rest of the parts will take forever to sell if at all unless in perfect shape.
The truck is not wrecked. I bumped into a friend's dozer. The damage is only cosmetic, bumper and drivers side headlight. No damage to chassis or engine or.suspension

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where is this 2002 Tahoe located? LS or LT model? You the only owner? Have maintenance and repair records? Tires condition? What kind of wreck was it in? Airbags deployed? ETC...........
I did the damage. I hit my friends bulldozer. Only damaged the front bumper and drivers side headlight. I have owned the truck for about a year. Previous owner had it for 5 plus years I think I don't have maintenence records from him. My registration says Tahoe k1 it is an ls model. No airbags were never deployed.

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you join the forum, as with ANY FORUM, there are certain mileposts to be met to be able to do things/post/sell at that forum. To join a forum just to sell a Tahoe is not cool.
Is it rare to have only 52k miles on a 2002 Tahoe, sure. The vehicle is beat up, at least for what I see in pics and the engine compartment looks filthy but for all I know, the truck spent it's life on gravel roads. My 2005 Tahoe has 3 times the mileage and the engine compartment looks like new and the body and interior are fantastic. Same color as this 2002, too. Low mileage, yes. Taken care of, who the hell knows. Rust underneath, ??????????
Just to reiterate I am not on this forum to sell this vehicle. I am here for opinions on its worth and rarity. And from what i see throughout.my.ownership it has been taken care of well, both by previous owner and myself. And I look forward to hit my mileposts to continue learning from the other members. Yes there is rust. But as I replied to another reply either pictures the rust is.minimal compared to many other trucks in my area that are much newer.

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could pull a Carfax or another report to confirm that the mileage is accurate based on historical maintenance records. It's easy enough on these to change a cluster and, with it, the corresponding mileage.

Where has the truck lived, and what does the undercarriage look like?
New England as far as a know. I live and bought it in ct. When I do the carfax how to i.deicde that the mileage is legit? Undercarriage has some rust. But in my opinion it looks well for its age and location.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clean title, which I handed over to dmv when I registered it.

Came with a clean title. But due to its age I had to hand over title to dmv.

Why would you hand over the title to the DMV, other than to have it issued in your name? What does that have to do with age (the title's, yours, or the truck's age)?

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why would you hand over the title to the DMV, other than to have it issued in your name? What does that have to do with age (the title's, yours, or the truck's age)?
I'm not sure how it is in other states, but in connecticut when you register a vehicle you hand over the title to them. And any vehicles that are 20 years or older only need bill of sale and registration from previous owner. And I think I said it because you or someone else asked about it being a clean or reconstructed or salvage title. I was just saying it was a clean title.

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it is in other states, but in connecticut when you register a vehicle you hand over the title to them. And any vehicles that are 20 years or older only need bill of sale and registration from previous owner. And I think I said it because you or someone else asked about it being a clean or reconstructed or salvage title. I was just saying it was a clean title.
Also you do not receive a title in your name if the vehicle is over 20 years old. Just to clarify, is someone sells a vehicle that is 20 years or older. That buyer gives the title to the dmv when registering it and does not receive a new one under his or her name. Just the registration. Then if that person wants to sell the vehicle, the next buyer only needs bill of sale a registration.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Left fender damage. Possible frame horn on driver's side damage. Bracing damage. Rest of lights. You will find more. I do hope it all goes good for you and can get lots more miles out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660