2001 Z71 Tahoe high pitch feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dono01Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 z71 4x4 tahoe that came with the stock bose sound package. I have upgraded to a double din kenwood head unit , kicker door speakers and components (ran off the stock wiring) and 2 15" kicker solo baric L7s with a 3000 watt RMS Rockville audio mono block to push them... when im not subbing or even have the head unit off... i get feedback thru the door speakers... the noise changes pitch, frequency, and tone even if im just costing in neutral but goes away at idle... it only happens when the truck is in motion. Any idea what it could be or how to fix this?

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a shielding problem somewhere with the aftermarket stuff. I wonder if the active noise cancellation was done in the stock head unit or if there is something still in line for that as well that no longer knows how to behave without the head unit. Really sounds like an old fashioned RF shielding issue though. Have seen where bad connections/splices can cause some issues too and bumps can make the sounds come and go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094