2001 Yukon 2 DC XLm2 18" 5k watts tuned low:)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
im right at a 150.xx in my truck with 2 18s and 5000 watts. im maybe seeing 2500 clamped wattage to my subs though. i need electrical work bad! im also tuned low if i tuned for spl i could easily do a 153.xx but i like to play a lot of chopped and screwed and slow music just sounds better to me.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all my buddies with non walled tahoes are high 30s low 40s and quite a few are over 150db 38-41 seems to be the sweet spot
sweet, I like it lower the better, like I said... not trying to burp 160 or nothing. But to BassRace some music at 155db is just plain bad ass. This is a true street beater in my book. Non wall is a must for a daily driver.

im right at a 150.xx in my truck with 2 18s and 5000 watts. im maybe seeing 2500 clamped wattage to my subs though. i need electrical work bad! im also tuned low if i tuned for spl i could easily do a 153.xx but i like to play a lot of chopped and screwed and slow music just sounds better to me.

sweet, I was hitting 152 in my old car on 2 15s. Still thats is plain awesome for a daily driver not the average Joe Blow. Personally Im shooting for 150db on music so I need my potential enuff to burp a 158 or so on a wave. From my personal experience, I will never again use a box over 40hz.. I actually damaged hearing with a box like that before. I rather it to be deep to the feel. I like 30-32hz.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
ya man burp boxes are lame nobody listens to 50+ hz on a daily basis if you can score high and play low thats where its at!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Modded how close is your port to the rear hatch? I believe mine is close enough that it helps lower the tuning by using the rear hatch as another port wall which extends it around 17 inches i think. and what equipment are you thinking of running hoe?

My port is pretty far from the hatch. I think it is about 24".
I am thinking it is better that way though because if it was any closer to it there would be killer rattles.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
ya the reason i asked is because my port being so close plays a large part in why i can play so low. i wouldnt turn your sub sonic filter off but you can play with it and see if you can turn it down at all and pick up the lows just listen for bottoming out and smell for coil. if you dont get either you should be ok.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
Adding a DC power spx 300 amp alt in the next coming weeks I cant wait until i get it! going to definitely help my voltage drop and hopefully increase my output quite a bit.. right now i have a stock 130 amp alt trying to provide juice for 3 extra group 31 batts!

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice setup man :D love that huge box..did your mpgs go down with all that weight?

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
i didnt really notice anything except you can feel the weight back there for sure. definitely gives my autoride a workout lol

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What meter did you use to get those numbers?? And where was the mic installed??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts