2001 Tahoe..Stuck key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys when i got home from work tonight my key got stuck in the ignition.
The kkey will not turn back far enough. None of the other threads have helped me out much. I ccan pull the cylender and put it back in but that doesnt help. Can Anybody' hellp me with this?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys when i got home from work tonight my key got stuck in the ignition.
The kkey will not turn back far enough. None of the other threads have helped me out much. I ccan pull the cylender and put it back in but that doesnt help. Can Anybody' hellp me with this?
Are you saying if you pull the cylinder you can’t turn the key far enough to get the key out?

Might try and make sure your gear lever is fully into park. Move it to neutral and then “slam” it into park and see if that lets you turn the key back far enough.

OP
OP
B

Bruan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you saying if you pull the cylinder you can’t turn the key far enough to get the key out?

Might try and make sure your gear lever is fully into park. Move it to neutral and then “slam” it into park and see if that lets you turn the key back far enough.[/QU

OP
OP
B

Bruan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes i tried that. Di you know exactly what it us that stops the cylender from turning? My tryck was stolen in feb. But i got it back. Had ti put a new cylender in it and it seemed ti be working fune until now

OP
OP
B

Bruan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok i also just dound out that the vehicle will shift out of park into gear witthout having mmy foot on the brake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE