2001 Tahoe Blinking Check Engine Light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
They were not there?

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Plugged?
Blown out?

Absolutely Fabulous!

OP
OP
Justin509

Justin509

Reaction score
The passenger side is completly clogged! So im guessing that that is the reasone why its running like it is and sucking so much gas?
Can I just pull them and put stright pipe??

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That will fail a smog test piss your computer off and is generally illegal. Get your self a Direct bolt-on magnaflow hi-flow cats if. About $600.

45419.gif

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

And should be 50 state compliant.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
YES! direct bolt on 50 state legal as well. your o2 sensors just transfer over although I would recommend replacement pf them all if they are all original. If nothing else is wrong you would pass a smog with flying colors an get power back to normal if not a little better.

OP
OP
Justin509

Justin509

Reaction score
So before I ordered the new cats I pulled the clogged one out just to make sure that was it and it runs great now! Amazing how that caused it to run so bad.. So now Im going to order the new cats. Im going to change both because I can see the other one going bad. Thanks for all the help....

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually when you order the direct bolt you don't have a choice you get the whole assembly I pictured above. And of course it is the smart thing to do.

Post some pics of the cats. Would like to see how bad they are. I am guessing there are burned shut from running a rich mixture down them.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Also I would still recommend some one with the same engine chime in here. I could be wrong, but a open hole in the throttle plate just does not sound right and maybe along with old o2 sensors maybe be causing this mess for you I mean the TB, WOW.

It is like someone drilled a hole to get the engine to run faster for a high electric load or something.

Spikeymikey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here

So my 03 Tahoe started the flashing CEL for the first time anytime I went above 65 on the freeway. Guess I should start with going to autozone to test it?