2000 tahoe LT speaker upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnkole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 tahoe lt with onstar and factory sub and amp, without bose. i have figured out the standard door speakers as 6.5" and replaced them with These Skar Audio Speakers from amazon and plan to do the same with the rear doors. I plan to get this sub and amp setup from skar audio. I havent done anything with the rear pillar tweeters or the factory subwoofer. I have thought of replacing the factory sub with this 8" woofer from skar but dont know about the depth or which ohm to go with. The only ones i cant get my head around are the front door tweeters. Factory GM number is 15204326. Preferably looking for a drop in replacement from a reputable brand. Also the rear pillar tweeters, I haven't even looked at those ones though.

OP
OP
C

cnkole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why do you think that? I have a Chevy Tahoe. And this is the audio and electronics section.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you think that? I have a Chevy Tahoe. And this is the audio and electronics section.
your vehicle is a nbs 00, you posted in the 2015-2020 section
that being said the rear pillar speakers are not tweeters they are I believe a 2.5" mid range and they really don't do squat I added 3.5" to mine by making a few small cuts in the back of the plastic trim panels and they still didn't do squat but make a little filler sound, I guess you could put in tweeters but in the factory setup they are not tweeters

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

In my opinion, if you install quality door speakers and front post tweeters, you do not need the rear post speakers, as you won't hear them from the front and second row seats. I eliminated my rear post speakers, when I upgraded my audio system, and I do not miss them at all.

Regarding the posting section mismatch for this thread, I believe that you can request a Forum Administrator to relocate your this thread to the proper section in this Forum.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as stated if you put decent ones in the doors you wont notice not having the rear pillars. some other things to consider is what else you will be running? deck, aftermarket sub ect.

personally in my 02 burb, non bose, with factory sub. the stock sub is blown and sounded like crap so I decided to overhall the whole thing. the stock amp and speakers are weak anyway so I bypassed the stock amp and sub ( bypassing part of this eliminates the rear pillar speakers anyway) so now using the stock wires I have an aftermarket deck powering some cheap aftermarket door speakers and a standard aftermarket sub/amp combination and I just left the stock sub in place.

in your case if your only looking to have stock amount of speakers I would do the same thing I did, and just use a smaller aftermarket amp and get a sub that will work better in the stock box. (the stock amp is pretty small and don't have a bunch of real clean power and is set up for a much less common 8ohm .

I have considered poulling the sub box from my burb and putting it in

OP
OP
C

cnkole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As I stated in my original post, I plan to put a full Skar audio sub and amp combo with an aftermarket head unit from pioneer. My factory sub isn’t blown, just weak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts